Whislist

  • Danny PA2SNK
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014
      Hi John and all.

      A year or so ago i whas reading about a baycom serial modem driver.
      Now with the latest release i dont read anything about it.
      Is this driver stuck in the fridge or ???

      There are a lot of those simple baycom modems here in PA would be great if they can be used i a modern OS.
      Latest windows version it whas usable is w98se with bpqdos or agwpe.

      Danny PA2SNK / NL2SNE (cb)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014

        Danny,

        I could only get the driver to work on XP, and only with Serial ports on a motherboard - PCI or USB ones didn't work. Even with that limitation it didn't work all that well,  so I didn't think it was worth persuing.

        I suspect programming a PIC or similar microcontroller to use the baycom board as a KISS TNC would be pretty simple, if someone is looking for an interesting project.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014
          John and Danny,
            I'm intrigued with the idea of writing a KISS TNC.  However, I have found very scant information about what kiss IS.  Is there a complete spec out there anywhere?
            Thanks for any input.
               Tadd, KA2DEW in NC

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014

            Tadd,

            This is as good a spec as I've seen - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_(TNC)

            73, John

            A year or so ago i whas reading about a baycom serial modem driver.

            Now with the latest release i dont read anything about it.

            Is this driver stuck in the fridge or ???

            There are a lot of those simple baycom modems here in PA would be great if they can be used i a modern OS.

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

          • Bill Vodall
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2014
              On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote: