BPQ32 with Sally, Retrieval of messages

  • g1gxb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2014

      Don’t know if it’s me, BPQ32 or Sally but still can’t get Sally to retrieve messages from a BPQ32 BBS.

      Sally connects to the BBS ok, retrieves the first message but refuses to see the “end of message” prompt or is it the “>” and hangs there.

      Example:-

         BBS message listing & retrieval 15 January 2014 18:35

      BBS message retrieval sequence:  GB7SOU

      Starting connection script: GB7SOU.con

      *** Console connected to host interface.

      C 1 GB7SOU

      SOTON2:G1GXB-13} Connected to SOUBBS:GB7SOU

      [BPQ-1.4.58.1-IHJM$]

      *** Script completed.

      *** RTT 00:01

      SZ SWPC @* <CX2SA

      R 24986

      From: CX2SA

      To: SWPC

      Type/Status: BN

      Date/Time: 28-Dec 13:20Z

      Bid: 2038-CX2SA

      Title: WARNING: Proton 10 MeV Integral Flux above 10 pfu expected (

      R:131228/2122Z @:GB7CIP.#32.GBR.EU #:49859 [Caterham Surrey GBR] $:2038-CX2SA

      R:131228/2120Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SA #:2038 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:2038-CX2SA

      From: CX2SA@...

      To  : SWPC@WW

      Space Weather Message Code: WARPX1

      Serial Number: 408

      Issue Time: 2013 Dec 28 2118 UTC

      WARNING: Proton 10MeV Integral Flux above 10pfu expected

      Valid From: 2013 Dec 28 2120 UTC

      Valid To: 2013 Dec 29 0700 UTC

      Warning Condition: Onset

      Predicted NOAA Scale: S1 - Minor

      NOAA Space Weather Scale descriptions can be found at

      www.swpc.noaa.gov/NOAAscales

      Potential Impacts: Radio - Minor impacts on polar HF (high frequency) radio

      propagation resulting in fades at lower frequencies.

      Automatic packet bulletin created with information received

      by cx2sa.net from the SWPC Space Weather Prediction Center.

      [End of Message #24986 from CX2SA]

      73 de Keith G1GXB
    • David Morris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014
        Keith

        I have a DRSI board fitted to the NNA BBS which is on view as I sit in my easy chair ! I noticed some time ago, that the Tx LED was coming on before the Rx LED was extinguished. I therefore increased the RESTIME and that seemed to help - they no longer overlap.

        The other fact - which may not be relevant, was that I seemed to have a problem with the mode of connecting my two computers together. I need to explain :-
        My main computer runs the internet and BPQ32 Mail/chat. The RF computer runs G1NNA BBS software (for the RF users around here - it has the DRSI   board fitted ). The RF computer runs BPQ408 interfacing with the NNA software. The two computers are connected by a 3 wire link with BPQ at both ends (BPQ32 & BPQ408) running BPQKISS at 9k6.

        For a time, I had a major problem with NNA - The solution being stopping the nodes broadcast from BPQ32 to BPQ408. I'm sure that restoration of the nodes broadcast WILL also restore the problem ! The problem manifesting itself as an incomplete exchange of mail (your problem) with, not only the BPQ32 computer, but also my Sally (RF) PMS in both compressed and uncompressed forwarding.

        I won't insult you by asking if you have Sally setup with suitable scripts and "Unproto broadcast auto re-sync enabled ". Autocollection of BBS headers is working ?

        Hope this helps, or at least prompts further lines of investigation.

        Virus Checked before sending
        Dave Morris (GM3YEW)
        GM3YEW @ GB7YEW
        077 78 78 1907
        73

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014
          I will be home again next week so will play with the node broadcasts then and see if that works. 73 de G1GXB Keith

          Sent from Samsung Mobile