FW: [BPQ32] Mailchat /smtp server

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 6 KB
    David

    I just tested outlook express with BPQ Mail Server, I sent a test message
    size of 60138 bytes with no problems,
    I have sent test attachments of at least 70K to another BPQ Mail Server then
    to his mail client, you would not want
    To do this over RF but it does work.

    As far as a time/date stamp, it is included in the R-Line, below is an
    example from today:
    R:140103/1415Z 12705@VE3UIL.#EON.ON.CAN.NOAM <mailto:12705@VE3UIL.>
    BPQ1.4.57

    I don't think you have left anything out, let's let John G8BPQ chime in for
    the correct answer.

    Just as a Note: I had someone try to break in to my SMTP/POP server by
    sending random passwords
    Robotically, be careful with Enable remote access.

    Let me know if I can be of further help.

    73

    Mike N9PMO
    BPQ32 Group Moderator
    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2014

      Thanks for the bug fix; I look forward to the next version.

      The large message that hung the mail server was in the middle of an exercise last November; I had to delete the message in mail chat to get things moving again; I'll see if I can find it in the "sent" mail folder on the email client, test again, and send you the message if it still hangs things up.

      Mike

      Another list member pointed me to the maximum message size field in the configuration tabs of mailchat; I increased the number from default and tested.  It seems to work as expected now.   You are correct, this would be too much for RF, but is what I need for the LAN.

      There is no physical connection in this LAN to the internet; so not particularly worried about security.  The warning is good advice.

      The support here is excellent.  Thank!