Mailchat /smtp server

  • davidkmcginnis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2014
      I operate the MailChat POP/SMTP server with several email clients on my LAN.  During a recent exercise, I each of these clients was associated with a different radio operator and radio.  This tied the traffic coming in/out of BPQ32 nicely with the "normal" radio operations on other radios nicely.

      There are a few things I need help with on to make this work better.

      The MailChat POP/SMTP does not seem to put dates and times on the emails.   Is there a place I'm missing to turn that on?

      The POP/SMTP seems to be limited by size.  At one point I cut/pasted several messages that came in on MT63 to a single email, and sent to another desk using the mail server in MailChat.  I discovered that if too much text was in the email, the POP/SMTP server hung on that message and did not function until it was deleted from the message que in Mailchat.

      I'm using the windows software now, but can set up a rasp-pi if these things are solved in linbpq.

      David
    • Jay WS7I
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2014
        Anyone have a Kam Pactor setup that works well ? The one I have and the
        one in the doc's seems a bit odd. I am trying to make one that has a
        callsign on Pactor that is different than the BBS call.

        Kam command sez its set, but it still uses BBS call. I have tried
        adding it as PORTCALL= without luck. Maybe someone knows the secret?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2014

            David,

            The missing timestamp is a bug which is fixed in the current test versions. I hope to release it in the next few days.

            The SMTP server shouldn’t have any limits on message size, but converting MIME encoded messages into a BBS-compatible format is a complex process, and there could be bugs in handling particular MIME sequences. If you have a message that repeatedly crashes the server, please send me the LOG_TCP file, and I’ll see if I can find the cause.

            It is very unlikely that there would be differences in the Windows and Linux versions of BPQ, though bugs could manifest themselves in different ways.