Multiple Call signs

  • kb5oze
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2013

      Hi all,

            is there a way to run multiple callsigns inside the switch? I need one call sign for packet and a different callsign for APRS?

      ie: n5??? on packet and wd5??? on APRS

      Thanks,

      Mike-KB5OZE

    • kb5oze
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2013

        All,

               Figured it out. I did not know this, but you must use the same callsign and passcode for the Dig & iGate. We were trying to use a different callsign/passcode and it was not only rejected from the internet side, but BPQ would not list received APRS traffic. Once we changed it, it was good to go.

        thanks,

        Mike-KB5OZE

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2013

          Mike,

          The call used by the APRS system is specified in the APRS Config. It can be different from the Node callsign.

          73,

          John G8BPQ

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 29, 2013

            HI John,

             Several of us have been working with Mike to try and figure out what was going on with the igate.

            We figured out the if you change the port call to another callsign other than the node callsign, the aprs server login must use the credentials of the port call and not the credentials of the node calsign to log into the aprs server to pass on rf traffic to the internet.

            The aprs servers will then accept traffic from the rf side if these two callsigns match. If they do not match, it acts like a listen only connection to the aprs server network.

            I hope I did not miss this in the docs anywhere.

            73 de Angelo

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 29, 2013

              Thanks, Angelo.

              If that is happening it s a bug. I’ll fix it. The APRSCALL should be used for all RF packets and the APRS-IS connection.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 30, 2013

                Hi Angelo,

                I’ve had a look through the code, and I can’t see how a PORTCALL could affect the APRS functions.

                Could you send me a config that has the problem, and I’ll trace through the code.

                Thanks,

                John