new user - first 6 weeks experience

  • Eric Carling
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2008

      In case it is of interest to John:

      New installation of BPQ32, run with AR-Cluster in Vista SP1. One RF port with axip port. Started with AGWtoBPQ method of interfacing ARC but between 24 – 30 hours the switch locks up. The module that errors is AGWtoBPQ exe. I tried various things but could not stop it. Changed to BPQ-OCX method of interfacing ARC and this has run now 7 days without a hitch.

      As a test, set up exact same installation on a different computer ie one RF port and one axip port but with DXSpider. Using AGWtoBPQ, same problem in same time frame. I can’t draw any conclusions because there aren’t any other reports of BPQ32 issues in Vista but, since I have it on two machines, I thought I would mention it.

      Eric G0CGL.

    • Ron Stordahl
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2008
        I run AR-Cluster around the clock on two machines.  One is Windows Server 2003 on which I use the AGWtoBPQ interface.  This gets by far the most activity.  The second machine is XP SP3 on which I have CC-Cluster with the AGWtoBPQ interface plus a second AR-Cluster with the BPQ-OCX interface.  They are rock solid.

        The unique thing about your installation is of course Vista SP1.  While someone else may have mentioned they are using Vista, I don't recall this...you could be the only one.

        Perhaps John will have to add in extra error logging to find the problem.

        Since MicroSoft will force Vista down our throats we won't have a choice!

        Ron, N5IN