RMS and NO Inet

  • n9lya
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 2:09 PM
      Hi all.. I had a major Inet Failure here.. During the passing of TD
      IKE.. This afternoon, We had Wind gusts exceeding 60 MPH.. I was able
      to go out and fix my dipoles as they came down in the winds.. But the
      electric company has not had such sucess with the electricity.. In fact
      Duke Energy tells me they cannot estimate anything until after sunrise
      tomorrow when they can fly the lines and inspect for damage.. It is
      both wide spread and spotty..

      MY ISP is without Power...

      I noted RMS Crashed as soon as the INET went down.. And will not
      restart without it... But thinking about what RMS is that is ok since
      all it is is a method to send messages to the CMS System... Packlink
      continues to work for rf message sending and receiving.. Just nothing
      to or from the Inet.

      Thats also another thing all RF ports are still operation with the
      takes of a Generator and UPS and about 200 Gallons of GAS on hand...

      Back to the topic of BOQ32 and RMS... You will like it. But RMS just
      sends messages to teh CMS.. It does not store them.. And cannot get
      them if the INET is down as it will not RUN as a program withoput the
      INET and dies if the Inet goes down..
      But with BPQ and its options.. Alternatices are available..

      73 Jerr N9LYA