V4 TNC Port

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2013
      All:

      Does anyone have a working BPQ / V4 TNC port they can share?

      The port configuration below keeps crashing BPQ32. The BPQ Console
      window closes shortly after launching BPQ; the Terminal window stays
      open, but it's unresponsive. I tried changing the port from 8510 to
      8500, but the results are the same. The V4 TNC seems to work fine on
      it's own without BPQ32.

      Using the latest version of V4 TNC - v0.6.6.0 and the OS is Winddows XP.

      Tony

      PORT
      ID=V4 Port 1
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=V4.DLL
      INTERLOCK=1; ; Optional - set if you have two ports sharing
      the same radio.
      ; Set the same Interlock value on both ports.
      CONFIG ; Driver-Specific Configuration

      ADDR 127.0.0.1 8510 PTT RTS PATH C:\V4TNC\V4 TNC.exe
      RIGCONTROL COM4 9600 PTTONLY

      ENDPORT
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2013
        Tony,

        I've just checked and it seems the V4 support has be broken for a while now. Just shows how much it is used!

        I should have a fix later today.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2013

          Tony, I've just checked and it seems the V4 support has be broken for a while now. Just shows how much it is used!
          I should have a fix later today.73, John

          Hope it's not too much trouble John! It seems to be a robust modem so it should be worth the effort.

          Thanks for your help!

          Tony -K2MO

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2013
            Tony,

            This should fix V4.

            bpq32.dll must go in WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 on 32 bit versions of Windows anf WINDOWS\SYSWOW64 on 64 bit versions.

            This version also contains a PTT Multiplexor, which combines RTS on a number of Virtual COM ports to a single real port.. To use, follow the instrutions below to create the virtual com ports, and use a RIGCONTROL line like

              RIGCONTROL com8 9600 PTTONLY MUX pttmux com4 com5

            com8 is the real port, conected to the radio, and com4 and com5 are the virtual ports used by the sound card programs.

            73, John