RPiBPQ and Winpack sync requests ??

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013

      John, When I had LinBPQ running here, Radio Users could request a header sync using WinPack and get a response from LinBPQ ..

      Using RPiBPQ and virtually the same config file, the same Radio users send a Winpack header request but RPiBPQ doesn’t respond ??? … they can manually connect and I can manually converse with them over the radio …

      Any ideas in what I may have forgotten to set this side ??

      73, Dick

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
        Dick,

        I think this is controlled by the Enable FBB UI System option in the BBS config.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013

          I have that enabled in RPiBPQ John – forgot to mention that .. I also have the users as ‘PMS’ s as per my LinBPQ configuration …..

          I’m at a loss …..

          73, Dick

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013

            John, my RPiBPQ BBS callsign is ZS0MEE … My RPiBPQ Node callsign is ZS6RO-14 …

            RF users connect to the BBS using the ZS0MEE callsign …

            When my set up sends out unprotoes (mail for users and bulletin list) it transmits them using ZS6RO-14 ..

            Would this be an issue when a Winpack user asks for a sync request as their sync request is sent to ZS0MEE …

            73, Dick

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
              Dick,

              That would stop it...

              But the BBS is supposed to send from the APPLCALL for the BBS Application, so I don't understand why they are going from the Node Call.

              John

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 17, 2013

                John, I have the application set up for the BBS in the config file (BBS) … When a RF user connects to my BBS, he uses ZS0MEE (the callsign of my BBS) …

                When my BBS sends unprotoes out (headers and who has mail) over RF, it is sent out using the callsign ZS6RO-14, which is my BPQ Node callsign … To my way of thinking, the relevant unprotoes are from the BBS, why send them out under the Node callsign ???

                The issue is that when a RF user sends a sync request, my BBS does not respond … This used to work on LinBPQ but apparently not with RPiBPQ …

                73, Dick

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 17, 2013
                  Dick,

                  I agree - the code is supposed to send from the BBS callsign, so I don't understand what is happening. Can you send me your config file and I'll see if I can track down what is going on.

                  John

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 17, 2013

                    Thanks John, I’ll post it off-line

                    73, Dick