Winmor Setup

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013
      All:

      I'd appreciate some help getting Winmor running with BPQ32. The TNC
      launches when BPQ32 starts so it looks like I have the port configured
      correctly. The only changes made were to the PORTCALL and INTERLOCK.

      I still have the rig control and PTT to setup so if anyone can share a
      working configuration for a Kenwood TS-2K, it would help.

      I'm sure this is has been covered many times so forgive me folks - I
      tried searching the BPQ32 archives, but the Yahoogroups page was
      unresponsive.

      73, Tony

      PORT
      ID=WINMOR Port
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=WINMOR.DLL
      PORTCALL=K2MO ; Optional - set if you want to accept connects to
      a call other than the Node Call.
      INTERLOCK=1; ; Optional - set if you have two ports sharing
      the same radio.
      ; Set the same Interlock value on both ports.
      CONFIG ; Driver-Specific Configuration

      ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT CI-V PATH C:\Program Files\bpq32\Winmor\Winmor
      TNC.exe
      RIGCONTROL COM3 9600 ICOM IC700 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N
      10.12/L1

      CWID True
      BW 1600
      DRIVELEVEL 100

      ENDPORT
    • n9acq
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013

        Tony

                        I use the below with my TS2K. No frequency scanning is included, which would be included on the RIGCONTROL line.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        PORT

        PORTNUM=4                    ; Optional but sets port number if stated

        ID=WINMOR Port                           ; Displayed by PORTS command

        TYPE=EXTERNAL                              ; Calls an external module

        PROTOCOL=WINMOR   ; WINMOR protocol is used

        DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll               ; Uses WINMOR.dll

        QUALITY=0                        ; Can't run NETROM on WINMOR Ports

        CONFIG                                               ; BPQtoWINMOR.cfg has been deprecated.  Instead the

                                                        ; BPQtoWINMOR configuration occurs here:

        ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT RTS Path D:\BPQ32\WINMOR\WINMOR TNC.exe

         RIGCONTROL COM5 9600 PTTONLY

        CWID True

        DEBUGLOG True

        ; LOG True

        BW 1600

        DRIVELEVEL 100

        MODE AUTO

        ROBUST False

        SHOW True

        BUSYLOCK False

        ENDPORT

      • Tony
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013
          All:

          Many thanks for the speedy replies. I now have Winmor working on both
          transmit and receive. Tested the output using the ATTACH command and all
          went well.

          Questions:

          1. I suspect BPQ32 will automatically return to the node menu after
          station disconnects from the Winmor port. If not, is there a command
          line that can be added to the port that would do this?

          2. The Winmor / BPQ docs mention that some users have had problems with
          the Winmor TNC not functioning after running a while so it's recommended
          that Winmor be restarted after each connection. How is this done?

          3. I now have a Winmor port and a Multipsk port port that share the same
          rig which causes a PTT port conflict. I suspect the answer is to allow
          one of the applications to use Virtual com port? Any other way around this?

          4. My guess is that incoming connections to the Winmor port are
          automatic i.e., if someone want's to connect using peer-to-peer mode
          with RMS Express, they simply connect to the callsign assigned to the
          Winmor port?

          5. How can I test the BPQ / Winmor port internally without having
          someone connect on the air?

          Finally, where can I find a list of BPQ commands for the Winmor TNC?

          Thanks

          Tony -K2MO
        • Jess Bowers
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013
            On 12/15/2013 6:16 PM, Tony wrote:

            > 2. The Winmor / BPQ docs mention that some users have had problems with
            > the Winmor TNC not functioning after running a while so it's recommended
            > that Winmor be restarted after each connection. How is this done?

            Top of BPQ32 console window, click on "actions", then click on "Restart
            TNC after each Connection".

            Jess W0ECM
          • Tony
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013
              On 12/15/2013 7:48 PM, Jess Bowers wrote:

              Top of BPQ32 console window, click on "actions", then click on "Restart
              TNC after each Connection". Jess W0ECM

              Thank you Jess.

              Tony

              .

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 16, 2013
                Tony,

                1. Im not sure I understand the question. If you disconnect from the Winmor port, the session is closed.

                2. Others have answered this, but the TNC is much more relible now, and you probably won't need this option.

                3. Depending on the radio and soundcard interface there may be other options - eg vox or CAT control of PTT fopr one or both programs.

                4. Connects to the Port Call go to the node, which probably isn't much good with RMS Express. The user can also conect to any of your APPLICATION callsigns and be send directly to the application. So, for example, a user could connect either to your BBS or an RMS Server.

                5. You can run RMS Express on the same machine as BPQ, and connect to yourself. You just need to change the TCP Ports used by one of them. I usually leave RMS Express on 8500 and change BPQ to use 8502. Most soundcards have an internal loopback option (Often called Stereo Mix or What you Hear), though this is sometimes hidden. On Souindcard Properties, you may need to check "Show Disabled Devices". If not you can use a loopback cable, or even put a micrphone in front of the speakers.

                There is a list of TNC commands in the Winmor TNC documentation, though few are of any use interactively. MAXCONREQ is probably the most useful. BPQ32 also has command  OVERRIDEBUSY to allow a connect even if the TNC thinks the channel is busy, but oviously this should only be used in exceptional circumstances.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 16, 2013
                • 1 Attachment
                • 14 KB
                John:

                Thanks for the speedy reply...

                For convenience, I tested Winmor / BPQ32 using two computers. I linked
                the sound cards with audio cables and all worked well.

                When I connected to the BPQ32 / Winmor machine using RMS Express in
                peer-to-peer mode, I kept getting the "Applicaiton not available error:

                *** Connected to Peer: K2MO-5 @ 2013/12/17 02:27:42 USB Dial: 14098.500
                Application not available
                *** Disconnected from Peer: K2MO-5 @ 2013/12/17 02:28:06
                *** Session: 0.2 min; Avg Thruput: 0 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 0
                Bytes/min

                The call K2MO-5 was assigned to the Winmor / BPQ32 setup on the server PC.

                I've attached my BPQ32.cfg file and would appreciate it if you can take
                a look and tell me if I need to make any changes.

                I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem, but I had to
                set the Winmor TNC call to K2MO-5 for it to connect to the -5 SSID.
                Changing the PORTCALL to K2MO-5 had no effect.

                Thanks John

                Tony -K2MO

                Message 8 of 9 , Dec 17, 2013
                  Tony,

                  There is a misunderstanding somewhere - WINMOR isn't an application. You
                  should't have

                  APPLICATION 5,WINMOR,,K2MO-5,WINMO,255

                  Try connecting to either K2MO-1 (your BBS) or K2MO-10 (your RMS Gateway).

                  Message 9 of 9 , Dec 17, 2013
                    John:

                    I'll remove the application line and change the Winmor PORTCALL to
                    K2MO-1 or K2MO-10.
                    I assume I have to change the Winmor TNC call as well?

                    Regarding RMS Express, there doesn't appear to be an outgoing text
                    window in peer-to-peer mode so how does one type commands to navigate a
                    BPQ32 / Winmor Node after connecting?

                    I tried using V4 in ARQ mode, but I was unable to connect. I guess V4
                    must use different protocol. I'm not sure if there's another application
                    that would work with the Winmor TNC.

                    Tony -K2MO