RPiBPQ and 7Plus ...

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2013

      Has anyone got or know where to get ‘7Plus’ for the Raspberry Pi …

      I need it to create 7plus files for my BBS ….

      73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

    • Jerry Kutche
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2013
        7plus ...  I block all 7 plus messages.
        73 jk n9lya

        Has anyone got or know where to get ‘7Plus’ for the Raspberry Pi …

        I need it to create 7plus files for my BBS ….

        73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

      • nl3snk
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

          As far i know bpqmail does not support 7plus :(

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

            BPQmail doesn’t have anything to do with 7Plus bulletins per se … To BPQmail, the 7Plus file parts would just be ‘another bulletin’ ..

            On my LinBPQ set up I have 7Plus automatically creating WX bulletin parts via a script which are then automatically placed onto my LinBPQ BBS and are available for my users to download and piece together with their 7Plus decoders (WinPack does it automatically for them) and then look at the weather picture … been doing this for years …

            Now that I’m converting to RPiBPQ I need to duplicate this task and of course the 7Plus program for my 32-bit i386 desktop server won’t work on the RPi ARM processor …

            Hence my request for a 7Plus program that will run on a Raspberry Pi processor … How does one port a source program for one machine to another – I’ve never done it …

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

              Dick,

              If you have the source you should just have to recompile it on the pi.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

                John, I tried last night to compile with version 217 and also 225  but both gave errors and refused to compile … I don’t know enough about 7plus and the source to ‘fiddle’ it to make it to work …

                Dick

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

                  Ok,

                  Is there a link I can download the source from? Or could you send it?

                  John

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

                    I have pm’ed you privately with the necessary info John ….

                    73, Dick

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

                      For anyone who needs it I got it to compile with minor changes to the source.

                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/7plus

                      This was built on Rasbian, but should work on other Raspberry PI distros.

                      As far i know bpqmail does not support 7plus :(

                    • Jerry
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2013

                        Interesting.. Sounds like Richard uses 7Plus responsibly…

                        Good deal…

                        Too few do…

                        Kudos..

                        73 jerry n9lya