RMS and RMS Map

  • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
      Hi all,

      For sure I've missed something in the LinBPQ's configuration.

      I've configured two RMS (IR2UFV-10 and IQ2LB-10) in different locations
      in my area.

      Both of them are working correctly, but they are not present in the
      Winlink RMS Map:

      http://www.winlink.org/RMSMap

      neither in the list:

      http://www.winlink.org/RMSVersions

      How can I fix it ?

      Thanks,
      Marco
      IW2OHX
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
        Marco,

        You need two things configured to appear on the map and lists

        Reporting your frequencies - see

        A Sysop record in the WK2K database. This is created with the wl2ksysop command
        WL2KSYSOP
        WL2KSYSOP SET

        Display information from your WINLINK 2000 SYSOP record, or create a basic record if you don't
        have one.

        This is a sysop mode command - see http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Node%20SYSOP.html for info on entering sysop mode.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
          Thanks!

          but the linbpq says that Reporting is not configured:

          WL2KSYSOP
          UFVBPQ:IR2UFV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured
          WL2KSYSOP SET
          UFVBPQ:IR2UFV-1} Winlink reporting is not configured

          In which section of the bpq32.cfg should I put the WL2KREPORT command:

          WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, IR2UFV-10, JN45NN, 00-23, 433725000, PKT1200, 10, 20, 5, 0

          I've tried to put it in the Telnet port definition or in the main without success:

          PORT
           PORTNUM=2
           ID=TELNET
           DRIVER=Telnet
           CONFIG

            LOGGING=1
            DisconnectOnClose=1
            TCPPORT=2324
            HTTPPORT=8085
            FBBPORT=8011
            LOGINPROMPT=Login:
            PASSWORDPROMPT=Password:
            MAXSESSIONS=10

            CMS=1
            CMSCALL=IR2UFV-10
            CMSPASS=SHERWOOD
            WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, IR2UFV-10, JN45NN, 00-23, 433725000, PKT1200, 10, 20, 5, 0
            FALLBACKTORELAY=1

            RELAYAPPL=RMS2

            CTEXT=Welcome to IR2UFV's Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n
            USER=iw2ohx,xxxxxxx,iw2ohx,SYSOP

          ENDPORT

          Marco

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
            Marco,

            The WL2KREPORT line goes in the PORT configuration for the radio port that it refers to.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
              Thanks!
              It works now.

              Marco

            Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013

              On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX) <iw2ohx@...> wrote:
              IQ2LB

              Marco,

              Maybe you changed something - I see both on the map and version report.

              -Lee, K0QED

            • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
              Message 7 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
                Yes, I added the WL2KREPORT command in the related PORT section.

                But Town is missing in this report:

                http://www.winlink.org/RMSPacketStatus

                Even in the TXT list only the channels appear:

                IR2UFV-10.RMS.PACKET, /IR2UFV, [JN45NN], (Sat, 23 Nov 2013 19:54:00 GMT)
                   -  432.500

                I want to add sysop's mail and town.

                Do you know where to add these info ?

                Thanks,
                Marco
                iw2ohx

                Message 8 of 8 , Nov 23, 2013
                  You can't using LinBPQ. It only adds the information needed to get on the lists and map.

                  The Windows version lets you set all fields.

                  73, Johnhn