RPiBPQ32

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 21, 2013

      I am ‘fiddling’ with a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian Wheezy operating system..

      I have installed pilinbpq (filename changed to ‘linbpq’ and used my config file - (I’ve rem’ed out the radio ports for the time being) from my existing running LinBPQ which is set up on a desktop …

      RPiBPQ runs fine with no errors when manually launched …

      I’ve fitted a radio/TNC to USB port ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’ (USB to RS-232 cable) via a powered USB hub and using minicom on the RPi I can ‘talk’ to the TNC/Radio combination perfectly - (TNC’s being PK-232 (HF) and MFJ-1270B (VHF)) …

      I am contemplating running AX25/Netrom so that various apps can access the radio USB ports, like BPQ, DX-Spider, APRX (I know BPQ has APRS feature but I don’t like it) … John has a web page showing how to run DX-Spider through BPQ …

      Would using the  linux kernel AX25 and Netrom code be the way to go or should I let BPQ control the com ports (USB) and then attach other apps through BPQ – can I use BPQ to ‘control’ things and if so, how ???

      73, Dick ZS6RO / ZS1RO / ZS0MEE / M0HMB

    • Richard
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 27, 2013

        John, I have tried many things with getting DXSpider and RPiBPQ to talk to each other with no good results …

        I then decided to start at the beginning and create the config files as you have them in your documentation …

        DXSpider can be accessed from a telnet session …

        I can log in to RPiBPQ Node or BBS with no problems …

        Once logged into the Node and I type ‘DXC’ or ‘C RODXC’ or ‘C ZS6RO-4’ I get “RONODE:ZS6RO-14} Busy from RODXC:ZS6RO-4” coming back to me …

        Why does it say “BUSY” ?????

        73, Dick