Linux Segmentation fault updating users

  • leonard_schmtt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013
      I am totally new to Linux and trying to configure our current BBQ32 BBS for trial on a Linux box. I've had a couple of hurdles to cross. Here's the latest one:
      When I access the HTML interface for the Mail Server on the local Linux machine and attempt to Update data on an existing user Linbpq quits and I get a Segmentation Fault Error.
      So I tried starting the program as an administrator ( sudo ./linbpq mail ).
      When I used that route, I was able to edit users and update their data with no crashes.
      So I think the problem has something to do with access and read/write privileges on the files. I have not yet set up the program to restart automatically if it fails. I was wanting to solve the other issue first.
      How do I fix this?

      Len N9QVQ (co-sysop for AA9MM)
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013

        Len are your HTML and Linbpq both the latest versions????

        73

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013
          Len,

          Seg faults when using the web interface are usually caused by a mismatch between the HTML files and the code. But it sounds like you may have another cause. You can ensure that all the files have the right privileges by running the following command in your linbpq directory

          chown -R user:group *

          Usually your group and user are the same. So command is something like chown -R john:john *

          73, John G8BPQ

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013
            Thanks so much John. That seems to have fixed things!

            Len N9QVQ

            Sent from Mailbox for iPad