Enabling the chat server

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8 KB
    Hi all,

    Been on a steep learning curve this week around packet radio's and
    getting this software up and running on the PI. So far all good.

    However for the life of me I can't find out how to configure the chat
    server on the linux version. I have added the LINCHAT line to the
    bpq32.conf file but how do I enable it from there?

    Regards,

    Rob.
    ZL1FLY
    Message 2 of 5 , Oct 21, 2013
      Rob,

      By far the simplest way is to use the Web interface. A chatconfig.cfg file will have been created, which you can edit by hand, but the format isn't obvious and it is easy to mess up.

      73, John.

        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 25, 2013

          Hi Rob

          i run linbpq and start mine up like so

          root@ken:/home/linbpq# ./linbpq mail chat

          Initialising Port 01     AXIP
          Initialising Port 02     ASYNC com1 Chan A
          Initialising Port 03     Loopback
          Initialising Port 04     Telnet Server
          APRS Digi/Gateway Enabled
          Starting Chat
          Config File is /home/linbpq/chatconfig.cfg
          Chat Started
          Starting Mail
          Config File is /home/linbpq/linmail.cfg
          Config Processed
          Mail Started

          should be the same for yours

          73 de Ken

          G7VJA - GB7COW-3

          Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2013
          • 1 Attachment
          • 8 KB
          Hi All,

          Yes thanks I got the info I required. All working like a charm.

          Regards,

          Rob.