Re: [BPQ32] Re: Starting WinFbb

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
      Hi,
               Can you post your INIT.SRV file  this is an editable file and if that is wrong you will get the error you say.

      What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?

      73 Phillip
      ZL2TZE

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
        I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
        reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
        and if
        > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
        >
        > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
        >
        > 73 Phillip
        > ZL2TZE

        8/10/2008

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

          OK John,

          I have 7.01 all setup and running, no problems, did you setup the following:

          Forwarding Blocks in FWD Folder

          Forward.sys

          BBS.sys

          I will send you my exported Config Backup, you will need to edit the call sign name, etc,

          Save it in the WinFbb root directory, open the configuration tool, click on Import

          Then Config Backup, navigate to the back up file, you will receive a windows warning box are you

          Sure you want to add this information, YES, and then go to file, click on Reload Registry Config, then Save and Exit.

          This will add two Port, Port 1 BPQ port 2 TLN 6300

          I am sending the n9pmo.fbb Config backup to your E-Mail Address.

          Mike Melnik

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

            John

            Just sent the Backup and some instruction, to your E-Mail address

            Mike Melnik

            "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

            > > Hi,
            > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
            > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
            > >
            > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
            > >
            > > 73
            > > Phillip
            > > ZL2TZE

            8/10/2008

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

              John

              I just looked over all your registry entries,

              "CopySysOpMessages"="******"   Should ether have your call sign or completely blank

              Driver"="TCP" Should be Type TLN not TCP

              KI6BPT"="1 1 john" Mine is Blank

              Mike Melnik

              "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

              > > Hi,
              > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
              > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
              > >
              > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
              > >
              > > 73
              > > Phillip
              > > ZL2TZE

              8/10/2008

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                HI Fred

                Sorry for the delay, it is best to download the WFBB 700 from my web site, 7.00E is more

                Stable then 7.01-35,, the download has all needed files, setting 7.00E up with BPQ32

                Can be a bit confusing, any problems, please let me know.

                Mike Melnik

                http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008
                  Thanks for the help.
                  I now have it installed and running.

                  Now i'm going to work on
                  telnet, bpq32, and connecting it to my kamPlus. ( or should i wait
                  till my signalink usb get here?)

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008

                    Glad to hear you have it running, you can go a head and setup Telnet and BPQ

                    Just remember BPQ must be your first Port selection, and for Telnet select

                    TLN not TCP,  I have several telnet and AXIP Ports, I will be more then happy

                    To help with the setup,

                    TELNET Ports

                    AXIP UDP ports

                    The other two axip ports are restricted

                    My DNS Address same as my web site, n9pmo.dyndns.org

                    Mike Melnik

                    http://n9pmo. dyndns.org