Internet forwarding

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013

      I have shutdown all internet forwarding at this time. Via all my personal systems.

      If you were an internet forwarding partner.. I apologize but recent events prove once again how silly that simple act is.

      I will still be running

      RF Forwarding VHF UHF HF Pactor Winmor Robust Packet

      Winlink via RF links to others on HF.

      Net 44 will still be ported thru my Jnos BOX. But no BBS forwarding.

      But as of this morning all Internet BBS forwarding has been eliminated.
      This is permanent…

      Sorry for any inconveniences that this short notice may have caused.

      Nothing personal I have always preferred RF.. and now I have decided to go that way… ONLY…

      Any and all are welcome on RF…

      73 Jerry

      N9LYA/K9BBS  http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080  K9BBS IP 44.48.0.161

      Linbpq 6.0.4.3 Debian Linux 7.0.0 Dell_Server_2600_4GBRAM_73GBHD_Dual_Dual_Core_CPU_1.8Ghz

      W9HU http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081

      PilinBPQ 6.0.3.32

      Raspbian-wheezy-7_Rpi_B_700MHz_256MBram_128GB-SD-class10

      N9LYA-5  IP 44.48.0.46

      JNOS 2.0j Debian Linux 6.0.6

      HP 3.4Ghz  2GB Ram 2TB Hard drive

      http://www.mitchellwx.com  wview 5.20.2

      http://www.n9lya.com

      http://www.hfskipnet.net

      http://www/indianapacketcouncil.com

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      HF Skipnet Coordinator

      HF Skipnet Midwest HUB

      ARRL Net Manager - Packet Indiana

      IP Coordinator

      Indiana Packet Coordinator

      Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR

      W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society

      W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013
        I will try to connect to you on 20 meter packet as usual. I am now set up to connect to
        IN105 and then to N9LYA.  Will this still work?

        73,  K.O.

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

      • Jeff - WA4ZKO
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013
          Too bad there isn't a "Like" button for this posting ;-)

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO

          > I have shutdown all internet forwarding at this time. Via all my personal
          > systems.
          >
          > If you were an internet forwarding partner.. I apologize but recent events
          > prove once again how silly that simple act is.
          >

          > I will still be running
          >
          > RF Forwarding VHF UHF HF Pactor Winmor Robust Packet
          >
          > Winlink via RF links to others on HF.
          >
          > Net 44 will still be ported thru my Jnos BOX. But no BBS forwarding.
          >
          > But as of this morning all Internet BBS forwarding has been eliminated.
          > This is permanent.
          >

          > Sorry for any inconveniences that this short notice may have caused.
          >
          > Nothing personal I have always preferred RF.. and now I have decided to go
          > that way. ONLY.
          >

          > Any and all are welcome on RF.
          >

          > 73 Jerry
          >

          > N9LYA/K9BBS <http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080/> http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8080
          > K9BBS IP 44.48.0.161
          >
          > Linbpq 6.0.4.3 Debian Linux 7.0.0
          > Dell_Server_2600_4GBRAM_73GBHD_Dual_Dual_Core_CPU_1.8Ghz
          >

          > W9HU <http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081/> http://w9bbs.no-ip.org:8081
          >
          > PilinBPQ 6.0.3.32
          >
          > Raspbian-wheezy-7_Rpi_B_700MHz_256MBram_128GB-SD-class10
          >

          > N9LYA-5 IP 44.48.0.46
          >
          > JNOS 2.0j Debian Linux 6.0.6
          >
          > HP 3.4Ghz 2GB Ram 2TB Hard drive
          >

          > <http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com wview 5.20.2
          >
          > <http://www.n9lya.com/> http://www.n9lya.com
          >
          > <http://www.hfskipnet.net/> http://www.hfskipnet.net
          >
          > <http://www/indianapacketcouncil.com> http://www/indianapacketcouncil.com
          >

          > 73 Jerry N9LYA
          >
          > HF Skipnet Coordinator
          >
          > HF Skipnet Midwest HUB
          >
          > ARRL Net Manager - Packet Indiana
          >
          > IP Coordinator
          >
          > Indiana Packet Coordinator
          >

          > Sysop N9LYA/K9BBS/W9BBS/W9OTR
          >

          > W9OTR Hoosier Amateur Radio Digital Society
          >
          > W9HU Hoosier Radio Society

        • Don Poaps
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013
            Jeff

            I wish I knew how BPQ works. I have it on the PC but I'm at a loss how it works. Time is not one of things I have to play with and get it to work. Or figure how it works

            Don va7dgp

            --
            Don Poaps
            New Westminster, BC

          • Jeff - WA4ZKO
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013
              Don,

              Not everyone has to be a full blown BBS/Node operator. System "users" are very important too. A packet network without users isn't much of a network ;-)

              I would recommend that new folks like yourself take your time, take lots of notes, and generally go at things in small steps. Work towards being comfortable as "user" of various packet/digital systems before trying to be a node or BBS sysop (especially the later). None of the sysops that I know of will mind you "visiting" their systems to learn the basics of connecting, navigating, mail, etc.

              No packet in your area? Upside is today there is a small but growing number of systems available on HF Packet/Robust Packet. Plenty of opportunity out there to learn the basics.

              Have fun, play radio.

              Forgive the drifting OT post. I'm back to lurking ;-)

              73
              Jeff
              WA4ZKO

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

              > Jeff
              >
              > I wish I knew how BPQ works. I have it on the PC but I'm at a loss how it
              > works. Time is not one of things I have to play with and get it to work. Or
              > figure how it works
              >
              > Don va7dgp

            • K.O. Higgs
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013
                Don, Jeff's note is very good advice. Set yourself up with Winpack or Outpost and get to know
                 and be friendly with "packet" before you bite off a chunk that is hard to chew. Packet really
                needs more "Users" than "providers" at this time... but, in any case, join us, you are welcome
                here.

                73,  K.O. n0kfq

                --

                K.O. Higgs
                n0kfq@...

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013

                  Yes.. Should be ok.. Sounds great… 73 jerry

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013

                    Hello all

                    Jerry e-mail me to as what was going on, I won’t go into description but a couple of Sysops wrote him about a

                    Problem with his system without any description, I was aware of the problem this week and sent the description

                    Of the problem today and feel confident that Jerry will solve the problem he was NOT aware of.

                    I have been there and done that, one complaint I had was ligament several years a go and solved.

                    The second a couple of months a go which involved several BBS’S including the N9PMO BBS,

                    I choose to ignore it as I think the complaint was ridicules.

                    The bottom line is many of us Sysops have had the same thing happen, and it is easy to get

                    Frustrated, I have known Jerry for several years now.

                    In closing, I suggested to Jerry to sit back a day or so and think about it.

                    Mike N9PMO
                    BPQ32 Group Moderator

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 12, 2013

                        I was reading this on my phone while out having dinner.. After pouring a tower base.. a Yard of concrete hand mixed in a  wheel barrow.. Yikes..

                        I will email you off list Mike. I appreciate your taking the time to write about it..
                        It’s was a knee jerk reaction on my part.

                        Both frustrated and embarrassed and those two items tend to make me nuts…

                        Look for my email within the next 24 hours…   J

                        73 Jerry