Re: Starting WinFbb

  • ki6aeu
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
      their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
      config has
      c:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\Mail
      no if you look at my exported config file i get this

      is the double slashes normal?

      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
      "FbbRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb"
      "Data"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data"
      "Config"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config"
      "Yapp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\UsersPub\\Yapp"
      "Docs"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Docs"
      "ImportFile"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Mail.in"
      "Filters"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Filters"
      "Servers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Servers"
      "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Pg"
      "Drivers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Drivers"
      "Lang"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Lang"
      "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Log"
      "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Sat"
      "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Wp"
      "OldMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\OldMail"
      "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Fwd"
      "Sounds"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Sounds"
      "Mail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Mail"
      "CompresMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\ CompresMail"
      "UsersPub"="*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*"

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
      > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
      >
      > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
      >
      > 73
      > Phillip
      > ZL2TZE

    • ki6aeu
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
        yes 701-35

        > Just so I am clear on this, you are setting up 7.01-35 and not 7.00
        series?

        > If it is 7.01 the error is in the WinFbb Registry, give me about a half
        > hour
        >
        > I will set up 7.01 on my test computer, it has been some time since I
        > worked
        >
        > With 7.01, I know at one point I did have a corrupt registry entry.
        >

        > But I do want to make sure we are talking about 7.01-35 and not WFBB
        7.00E,
        > G or I
        >

        > Please let me know.
        >

        > Mike Melnik

        Computer,
        > > this is part of
        > >
        > > MS Service Pack 2 security, Note, depending on the security setting
        > of W2K
        > > or XP you may or may not
        > >
        > > See or have this happen, if it is blocked, files can be missing or
        > > corrupted.
        > >

        > > Extract the Zip Folder to a temporary folder,
        > >
        > > Run the Winfbb701-20.exe
        > >
        > > Important: copy or move the contents of the win7.01-35 to Root Program
        > > Files\WinFbb\ Replace ALL
        > >
        > > Move the ded.dll and generic.dll to the Driver Folder.
        > >

        > > Next Copy or Move the contents of the winfbbcfg Folder (winfbbcfg.exe
        > > configuration tool for WinFbb)
        > >
        > > The ICON will be a Green Globe.
        > >

        > > Copy or Move the tln.dll V 1.8 and bpq.dll v 1.0.0.1 to the WinFbb
        > Driver
        > > Folder Replace all
        > >

        > > Copy or move the English.txt from the English folder to the
        CONFIG/LANG
        > > folder.
        > >

        > > Copy the Beacon.sys to the WinFbb/CONFIG Folder Note: %15 is the
        beacon
        > > interval 15= every 15 minutes.
        > >

        > > Don't bother with the Filters file, I need to replace them, but they
        > really
        > > are not needed in WinFbb 7.01.
        > >

        > > Restart you're Computer, the WinFbb configuration program should start
        > > automatically.
        > >

        > > If your are running BPQ32, that must be the first selection in the
        > > Configuration tool Ports section
        > >
        > > Unlike Previous versions of FBB the Ports.sys in the CONFIG folder
        > does not
        > > get edited, it is only
        > >
        > > A dummy file, it can be deleted.
        > >

        > > The Telnet Ports select TLN not TCP.
        > >

        > > Finally in 7.01 there really isn't an INIT.SRV file, most of the
        > > configurations are stored in the WinFbb Registry.
        > >

        > > Please let me know if you have any problems.
        > >

        > > Mike Melnik

        Behalf

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

          I am installing 7.01 as we speak, be back shortly

          Mike Melnik

          href="http://n9pmo.">http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org>
          href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org/">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/>

          > > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
          > > source and a
          > > > lot of
          > > >
          > > > Experience as well.
          > > >

          > > > 73
          > > >

          > > > Mike Melnik

        • Phillip
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
            Hi,
                     Can you post your INIT.SRV file  this is an editable file and if that is wrong you will get the error you say.

            What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?

            73 Phillip
            ZL2TZE

            their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
            config has
            c:\Program Files\WinFbb\ Data\Mail
            no if you look at my exported config file i get this

            is the double slashes normal?

            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
            "FbbRoot"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb"
            "Data"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data"
            "Config"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config"
            "Yapp"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \UsersPub\ \Yapp"
            "Docs"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Docs"
            "ImportFile" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Mail.in"
            "Filters"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Filters"
            "Servers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Servers"
            "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Pg"
            "Drivers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Drivers"
            "Lang"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Lang"
            "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Log"
            "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Sat"
            "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Wp"
            "OldMail"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\OldMail"
            "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Fwd"
            "Sounds"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Sounds"
            "Mail"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Mail"
            "CompresMail" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\ CompresMail"
            "UsersPub"=" *,*,*,*,* ,*,*,*"

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
            > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
            >
            > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
            >
            > 73
            > Phillip
            > ZL2TZE

          • ki6aeu
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
              I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
              reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
              and if
              > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
              >
              > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
              >
              > 73 Phillip
              > ZL2TZE

              8/10/2008

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                OK John,

                I have 7.01 all setup and running, no problems, did you setup the following:

                Forwarding Blocks in FWD Folder

                Forward.sys

                BBS.sys

                I will send you my exported Config Backup, you will need to edit the call sign name, etc,

                Save it in the WinFbb root directory, open the configuration tool, click on Import

                Then Config Backup, navigate to the back up file, you will receive a windows warning box are you

                Sure you want to add this information, YES, and then go to file, click on Reload Registry Config, then Save and Exit.

                This will add two Port, Port 1 BPQ port 2 TLN 6300

                I am sending the n9pmo.fbb Config backup to your E-Mail Address.

                Mike Melnik

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                  Just sent the Backup and some instruction, to your E-Mail address

                  Mike Melnik

                  "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

                  > > Hi,
                  > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                  > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                  > >
                  > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                  > >
                  > > 73
                  > > Phillip
                  > > ZL2TZE

                  8/10/2008

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                    I just looked over all your registry entries,

                    "CopySysOpMessages"="******"   Should ether have your call sign or completely blank

                    Driver"="TCP" Should be Type TLN not TCP

                    KI6BPT"="1 1 john" Mine is Blank

                    Mike Melnik

                    "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

                    > > Hi,
                    > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                    > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                    > >
                    > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                    > >
                    > > 73
                    > > Phillip
                    > > ZL2TZE

                    8/10/2008

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                      HI Fred

                      Sorry for the delay, it is best to download the WFBB 700 from my web site, 7.00E is more

                      Stable then 7.01-35,, the download has all needed files, setting 7.00E up with BPQ32

                      Can be a bit confusing, any problems, please let me know.

                      Mike Melnik

                      http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008
                        Thanks for the help.
                        I now have it installed and running.

                        Now i'm going to work on
                        telnet, bpq32, and connecting it to my kamPlus. ( or should i wait
                        till my signalink usb get here?)

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008

                          Glad to hear you have it running, you can go a head and setup Telnet and BPQ

                          Just remember BPQ must be your first Port selection, and for Telnet select

                          TLN not TCP,  I have several telnet and AXIP Ports, I will be more then happy

                          To help with the setup,

                          TELNET Ports

                          AXIP UDP ports

                          The other two axip ports are restricted

                          My DNS Address same as my web site, n9pmo.dyndns.org

                          Mike Melnik

                          http://n9pmo. dyndns.org