White Pages Updates

  • kj6ix_4
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013
      The Main Configuration for WP Update

      Type: B
      Type: P

      What is B and P stand for ?

      Dale
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013

        Bulletin or Personal..

        How have you been dale??  73 jerry

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kj6ix@...
        Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2013 6:24 PM
        To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [BPQ32] White Pages Updates

        The Main Configuration for WP Update

        Type: B
        Type: P

        What is B and P stand for ?

        Dale

      • kj6ix_4
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013
          Thanks Jerry.

          I'm doing ok, Thanks for asking. I'm  just doing some fine tuning of the system. I kinda thought that
          about the B & P.

          Dale

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013
            Dale, it means to send the WP update message as a B = Bulletin or P = Private message.

          • Edward Tune
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013
              Additionally, I should have added that the P would be used for sending the WP update to a WP update server that an individual might be running. I know of none currently operating.

              The B would be to get the message forwarded around such as SB WP@WNV for all BBS's in Western NV or maybe SB WP@NV
              to update all BBS's in Nevada.

            • Clayton Brantley
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013
                B stands for Bulletin and P is for private.  Does not matter which you select, it always send a "P"
                type anyway. (If you use the PiLinux version).

                Clayton N4EV

                On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:02 PM, Edward Tune <ottotune@...> wrote:

                Additionally, I should have added that the P would be used for sending the WP update to a WP update server that an individual might be running. I know of none currently operating.

                The B would be to get the message forwarded around such as SB WP@WNV for all BBS's in Western NV or maybe SB WP@NV
                to update all BBS's in Nevada.

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 9, 2013

                  That may be true with BPQ/LIN, BPQ32/WIN sends the WP by selection B or P

                  P would be for you Neighboring forwarding partners BBS Call

                  B would use USA or WW

                  Now a days using WW has been an argument, some feel it shouldn’t be used, I got to the point

                  That now in all three of my BBS’S are sent P to one partner.

                  Everyone seems to have different rules, the same as what @ Group should go to where

                  Again WW keeps coming up.

                  Secondly are WP’S really necessary to be sent, the HR is contained in the R-Line.

                  Then you have some WinFbb 7.01-35 users that refuse to add the update that John came out with

                  Long before BPQ MailChat was started to prevent the WP corruption 7.01-35 causes, then makes

                  A mess as it populates threw the BBS network.

                  It would be nice if some day everyone would get on the same page.

                  73

                  Mike N9PMO
                  BPQ32 Group Moderator

                  B stands for Bulletin and P is for private.  Does not matter which you select, it always send a "P"
                  type anyway. (If you use the PiLinux version).

                  Clayton N4EV

                  On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:02 PM, Edward Tune <ottotune@...> wrote:

                  Additionally, I should have added that the P would be used for sending the WP update to a WP update server that an individual might be running. I know of none currently operating.

                  The B would be to get the message forwarded around such as SB WP@WNV for all BBS's in Western NV or maybe SB WP@NV

                  to update all BBS's in Nevada.

                  No virus found in this message.

                • Clayton Brantley
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 10, 2013
                    Personally, I do not care for the WP messages.  I know they have a purpose, but there are
                    too many WPs being sent. They should always be sent as type B since they go everywhere.

                    For me, WP traffic could be deleted all toghether.

                    Clayton N4EV

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 10, 2013

                      Clayton

                      Glad to see someone respond, yes the day have come and gone since the master WP server

                      John N6IYA now W6JWS in California has handled WP distribution, one can not blame John

                      For not wanting to handle WP’S since the severe drop in Packet activity via RF.

                      The disagreements in how to send WP’S P verses B started a few months a go but never was

                      resolved or agreed on.

                      I am not looking for another argument over the WP’S and I agree they should be sent B but

                      Again I am now just sending to one of my Neighboring partners as my partner does the same.

                      What really annoys me is some WinFbb 7.01-35 users, again as mentioned before refuse to

                      Install the WP corruption updates, one 7.01 user reply was I don’t send out WP’S so I do not

                      Need to install the updates, the HR ends up in the R-Line and causes the same problem.

                      Recently his BBS was making such a mess I removed him as a forwarding partner and reject

                      All fields from him, I got tired of having to correct his and some others that his BBS was causing.

                      Just looking at his WP entry I see he is back in there via one of my other partners and again

                      His Home BBS and QTH are incorrect.

                      May be I am being to picky, but as a sysop of a large BBS station I need to stay on top of problems

                      Like this as all sysops should, then the next thing I will hear is N9PMO is causing WP Corruption since

                      The WP’S are forward on from one of my BBS’S, this why I decided to send P to only one partner as

                      he is also aware of this problem.

                      Trust me I work very hard as a Sysop for WP’S, unknown routes, and undeliverable messages and

                      Correct message forwarding.

                      Sysop’s may be surprised in how many BBS’S reject WP’S, I would have to say at least 50%

                      That is over 50 BBS here, FBB users should enable their Message rejected by remote for a day.

                      73

                      Mike N9PMO
                      BPQ32 Group Moderator

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 10, 2013
                        Mike you gave me a really good idea.  I'll reject all WPs and kill my WP from being sent.

                        I agree with your every idea.  On the problem areas, we have one along the line now.
                        N1URO and AA6HF are involved in a bid change in a lot of traffic I see here.  Have not
                        commented on it but it is getting to the point that some one needs to give those guys a heads up
                        on how to set up their systems.

                        73 Clayton N4EV