RE: Re: [BPQ32] RMS Packet and BPQ

    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
      I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

      But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

        BPQ Mail is running as a hub on one LAN, for a club that wanted it that way. Thanks to your telnet tweaks, it works very well. Thanks

        This is a differing system, with two RF stations several miles apart. Using auto HF forwarding, aka WinLink Hybrid/ The BPQ aspect is important at the one site for the BBS legacy users. If internet fails a slow but reliable RF path will feed traffic back to the primary HF site.

        However with RMS Packet at that same site as BPQ, the Winlink is desperate to take advantage of TELNET over a LAN in lieu of normal intrent.

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

        But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

        73, John

         Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

        BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

        This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

        Thanks

        Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

        You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
        handle RMS connections just fine.

        Mark

        > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
        >

        > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
        > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
        > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
        >

        > Mike

      • n6kzb
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

          This is a different system, nothing to do with the BPQ HUB, which thanks to your telnet tweaks works very well, thanks.

          It is part of the WinLink Hybrid and the one location still has a need for a legacy packet BBS, and BPQ fits that role perfect.

          The WinLink routes in a different fashion to a common server on a private LAN.

          As always, thanks

          Mike

          ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

          But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

          73, John

           Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

          BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

          This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

          Thanks

          Mike

          ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

          You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
          handle RMS connections just fine.

          Mark

          > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
          >

          > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
          > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
          > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
          >

          > Mike

        • n6kzb
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

            I hate this new Yahoo group methodology, this is the third time it has posted before I am done, and no way to delete it.

            Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

            There I feel better now.

            ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            This is a different system, nothing to do with the BPQ HUB, which thanks to your telnet tweaks works very well, thanks.

            It is part of the WinLink Hybrid and the one location still has a need for a legacy packet BBS, and BPQ fits that role perfect.

            The WinLink routes in a different fashion to a common server on a private LAN.

            As always, thanks

            Mike

            ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

            But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

            73, John

             Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

            BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

            This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

            Thanks

            Mike

            ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

            You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
            handle RMS connections just fine.

            Mark

            > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
            >

            > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
            > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
            > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
            >

            > Mike

          • Ken Jacobs
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
              Emailed off list......

              Ken KD6PGI
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                Ok, Mike,

                Maybe I'm missing something. I'm suprised that RMS Relay can do things that BPQ Mail can't

                73, John

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                  Mike,

                  The current RMS Packet is disrubuted with a flag set so it runs in 64 bit mode on 64 bit versions of the OS. BPQ32 is a 32 bit application, so can't be called by a program running in 64 bit mode. So you can't use BPQ32 interface with RMS Packet in 64 bit versions of Windows.

                  However, it is possible to force .net applications to run in 32 bit mode, and I have patched RMS Packet to do this. This isn't really a long term solution, as it will fail when the next update to RMS Packet is released, but it should get you going while you look at other solutions.

                  73, John