RE: RE: RE: Re: [BPQ32] RMS Packet and BPQ

  • n6kzb
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

      Final on this issue, for me at least. If nothing else I can configure a BPQ system quickly now, hi hi.

      No go on Win7 64 system either. The latest BPQ will not allow RMS Express to configure itself to function as with BPQ control of TNC, as indicated in RMS packet help file.

      So there is an issue somewhere, with latest version of BPQ. But since I can make RMS Express work as a virtual serial port via BPQ, I shall continue to use it in that fashion. As it is functioning that way now and using RMS relay with a re-direct back to the primary system. As soon as the LAN is installed, just a matter of IP address changes.

      Packet BBS users get their radio BBS, and the WinLink gateway functions in the new WinLink hybrid mode.

      So guess leave well enough alone.  Thanks,

      Mike  xe2/n6kzb

      ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      In the meantime, while the greater powers think about why it is not working on Win 8. I have an extra Win 7 system, I will configure and see if it works there. If so, then my immediate need is solved.

      Thanks.

      Mike

      ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

       Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

      BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

      This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

      Thanks

      Mike

      ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

      You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
      handle RMS connections just fine.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
        I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

        But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

        73, John

         Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

        BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

        This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

        Thanks

        Mike

        ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

        You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
        handle RMS connections just fine.

        Mark

        > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
        >

        > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
        > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
        > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
        >

        > Mike

      • n6kzb
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

          BPQ Mail is running as a hub on one LAN, for a club that wanted it that way. Thanks to your telnet tweaks, it works very well. Thanks

          This is a differing system, with two RF stations several miles apart. Using auto HF forwarding, aka WinLink Hybrid/ The BPQ aspect is important at the one site for the BBS legacy users. If internet fails a slow but reliable RF path will feed traffic back to the primary HF site.

          However with RMS Packet at that same site as BPQ, the Winlink is desperate to take advantage of TELNET over a LAN in lieu of normal intrent.

          ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

          But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

          73, John

           Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

          BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

          This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

          Thanks

          Mike

          ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

          You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
          handle RMS connections just fine.

          Mark

          > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
          >

          > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
          > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
          > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
          >

          > Mike

        • n6kzb
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

            This is a different system, nothing to do with the BPQ HUB, which thanks to your telnet tweaks works very well, thanks.

            It is part of the WinLink Hybrid and the one location still has a need for a legacy packet BBS, and BPQ fits that role perfect.

            The WinLink routes in a different fashion to a common server on a private LAN.

            As always, thanks

            Mike

            ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

            But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

            73, John

             Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

            BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

            This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

            Thanks

            Mike

            ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

            You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
            handle RMS connections just fine.

            Mark

            > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
            >

            > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
            > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
            > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
            >

            > Mike

          • n6kzb
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013

              I hate this new Yahoo group methodology, this is the third time it has posted before I am done, and no way to delete it.

              Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

              There I feel better now.

              ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              This is a different system, nothing to do with the BPQ HUB, which thanks to your telnet tweaks works very well, thanks.

              It is part of the WinLink Hybrid and the one location still has a need for a legacy packet BBS, and BPQ fits that role perfect.

              The WinLink routes in a different fashion to a common server on a private LAN.

              As always, thanks

              Mike

              ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              I'll try it on my Win 8 laptop in the morning.

              But had you considered running BPQ Mall as your central hub, instead of RMS Relay.

              73, John

               Understand that. If you get a chance, read my first posts you will see why I need RMS Express.

              BPQ works fine stand alone to a CMS, as we have a system doing so.

              This is for another application that needs RMS Express to talk to RMS relay.

              Thanks

              Mike

              ---In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Notwithstanding RMS, does BPQ operate normally otherwise?

              You do not need to run RMS Server if you are using BPQ Mail. BPQ Mail will
              handle RMS connections just fine.

              Mark

              > Old question I am sure. Searched group, but can't find simple answer.
              >

              > I see that in the RMS packet help section is a "how to" configure it in
              > conjunction with BPQ. All I get is a error telling me BPQ is not loaded
              > and it is, when I try to do the configuration indicated.
              >

              > Mike

            • Ken Jacobs
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 9, 2013
                Emailed off list......

                Ken KD6PGI
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                  Ok, Mike,

                  Maybe I'm missing something. I'm suprised that RMS Relay can do things that BPQ Mail can't

                  73, John

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 10, 2013
                    Mike,

                    The current RMS Packet is disrubuted with a flag set so it runs in 64 bit mode on 64 bit versions of the OS. BPQ32 is a 32 bit application, so can't be called by a program running in 64 bit mode. So you can't use BPQ32 interface with RMS Packet in 64 bit versions of Windows.

                    However, it is possible to force .net applications to run in 32 bit mode, and I have patched RMS Packet to do this. This isn't really a long term solution, as it will fail when the next update to RMS Packet is released, but it should get you going while you look at other solutions.

                    73, John