Re: [BPQ32] Re: Starting WinFbb

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
      Hi,
                 INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
      C:\FBB\MAIL       or similar

      Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct

      73
      Phillip
      ZL2TZE

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

        John

        Just so I am clear on this, you are setting up 7.01-35 and not 7.00 series?

        If it is 7.01 the error is in the WinFbb Registry, give me about a half hour

        I will set up 7.01 on my test computer, it has been some time since I worked

        With 7.01, I know at one point I did have a corrupt registry entry.

        But I do want to make sure we are talking about 7.01-35 and not WFBB 7.00E, G or I

        Please let me know.

        Mike Melnik

        href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org

        href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org <http://n9pmo.
        > <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/>
        dyndns.org/>

        > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
        > source and a
        > > lot of
        > >
        > > Experience as well.
        > >

        > > 73
        > >

        > > Mike Melnik

      • fgephar1
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
        • ki6aeu
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
            their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
            config has
            c:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\Mail
            no if you look at my exported config file i get this

            is the double slashes normal?

            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
            "FbbRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb"
            "Data"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data"
            "Config"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config"
            "Yapp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\UsersPub\\Yapp"
            "Docs"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Docs"
            "ImportFile"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Mail.in"
            "Filters"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Filters"
            "Servers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Servers"
            "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Pg"
            "Drivers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Drivers"
            "Lang"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Lang"
            "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Log"
            "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Sat"
            "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Wp"
            "OldMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\OldMail"
            "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Fwd"
            "Sounds"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Sounds"
            "Mail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Mail"
            "CompresMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\ CompresMail"
            "UsersPub"="*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*"

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
            > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
            >
            > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
            >
            > 73
            > Phillip
            > ZL2TZE

          • ki6aeu
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
              yes 701-35

              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                John

                I am installing 7.01 as we speak, be back shortly

                Mike Melnik

                href="http://n9pmo.">http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org>
                href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org/">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/>

                > > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
                > > source and a
                > > > lot of
                > > >
                > > > Experience as well.
                > > >

                > > > 73
                > > >

                > > > Mike Melnik

              • Phillip
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                  Hi,
                           Can you post your INIT.SRV file  this is an editable file and if that is wrong you will get the error you say.

                  What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?

                  73 Phillip
                  ZL2TZE

                  their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
                  config has
                  c:\Program Files\WinFbb\ Data\Mail
                  no if you look at my exported config file i get this

                  is the double slashes normal?

                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
                  "FbbRoot"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb"
                  "Data"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data"
                  "Config"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config"
                  "Yapp"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \UsersPub\ \Yapp"
                  "Docs"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Docs"
                  "ImportFile" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Mail.in"
                  "Filters"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Filters"
                  "Servers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Servers"
                  "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Pg"
                  "Drivers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Drivers"
                  "Lang"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Lang"
                  "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Log"
                  "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Sat"
                  "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Wp"
                  "OldMail"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\OldMail"
                  "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Fwd"
                  "Sounds"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Sounds"
                  "Mail"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Mail"
                  "CompresMail" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\ CompresMail"
                  "UsersPub"=" *,*,*,*,* ,*,*,*"

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                  > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                  >
                  > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                  >
                  > 73
                  > Phillip
                  > ZL2TZE

                • ki6aeu
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                    I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                    reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                    and if
                    > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                    >
                    > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                    >
                    > 73 Phillip
                    > ZL2TZE

                    8/10/2008

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                      OK John,

                      I have 7.01 all setup and running, no problems, did you setup the following:

                      Forwarding Blocks in FWD Folder

                      Forward.sys

                      BBS.sys

                      I will send you my exported Config Backup, you will need to edit the call sign name, etc,

                      Save it in the WinFbb root directory, open the configuration tool, click on Import

                      Then Config Backup, navigate to the back up file, you will receive a windows warning box are you

                      Sure you want to add this information, YES, and then go to file, click on Reload Registry Config, then Save and Exit.

                      This will add two Port, Port 1 BPQ port 2 TLN 6300

                      I am sending the n9pmo.fbb Config backup to your E-Mail Address.

                      Mike Melnik

                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                        John

                        Just sent the Backup and some instruction, to your E-Mail address

                        Mike Melnik

                        "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

                        > > Hi,
                        > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                        > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                        > >
                        > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                        > >
                        > > 73
                        > > Phillip
                        > > ZL2TZE

                        8/10/2008

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                          John

                          I just looked over all your registry entries,

                          "CopySysOpMessages"="******"   Should ether have your call sign or completely blank

                          Driver"="TCP" Should be Type TLN not TCP

                          KI6BPT"="1 1 john" Mine is Blank

                          Mike Melnik

                          "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

                          > > Hi,
                          > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                          > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                          > >
                          > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                          > >
                          > > 73
                          > > Phillip
                          > > ZL2TZE

                          8/10/2008

                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                            HI Fred

                            Sorry for the delay, it is best to download the WFBB 700 from my web site, 7.00E is more

                            Stable then 7.01-35,, the download has all needed files, setting 7.00E up with BPQ32

                            Can be a bit confusing, any problems, please let me know.

                            Mike Melnik

                            http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008
                              Thanks for the help.
                              I now have it installed and running.

                              Now i'm going to work on
                              telnet, bpq32, and connecting it to my kamPlus. ( or should i wait
                              till my signalink usb get here?)

                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008

                                Glad to hear you have it running, you can go a head and setup Telnet and BPQ

                                Just remember BPQ must be your first Port selection, and for Telnet select

                                TLN not TCP,  I have several telnet and AXIP Ports, I will be more then happy

                                To help with the setup,

                                TELNET Ports

                                AXIP UDP ports

                                The other two axip ports are restricted

                                My DNS Address same as my web site, n9pmo.dyndns.org

                                Mike Melnik