Re: Starting WinFbb

  • ki6aeu
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
      ok not it does not disaper but says

      while trying to initialize and load config i get
      init.srv -error in line 5
      then shuts down.

      > Ok do this, uninstall WinFbb 7.01 (Control Panel Add or Remove
      Programs)

      > Next open the Programs Folder, delete WinFbb32 Folder,
      >
      > Next go to Start/Run type REGEDIT (enter)
      >
      > Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      >
      > Expand Software, near the bottom right click on WINFBB, but don't expand
      > the WINFBB
      >
      > and Delete the registry entry.
      >

      > Reboot your Computer.
      >

      > Delete the previous 7.01-35 complete install from your computer, re
      > download the WinFbb32 7.01 from
      >
      > My Web Site, I just changed all of the zip files for easier
      installation.

      > http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo.dyndns.org> dyndns.org
      >

      > Important: Right Click on the downloaded ZIP File,
      >

      > Go to Properties, If there is a UNBLOCK Button Visible Click on to
      unblock,
      > this happens with
      >
      > W2K and XP when files or programs are downloaded from another Computer,
      > this is part of
      >
      > MS Service Pack 2 security, Note, depending on the security setting
      of W2K
      > or XP you may or may not
      >
      > See or have this happen, if it is blocked, files can be missing or
      > corrupted.
      >

      > Extract the Zip Folder to a temporary folder,
      >
      > Run the Winfbb701-20.exe
      >
      > Important: copy or move the contents of the win7.01-35 to Root Program
      > Files\WinFbb\ Replace ALL
      >
      > Move the ded.dll and generic.dll to the Driver Folder.
      >

      > Next Copy or Move the contents of the winfbbcfg Folder (winfbbcfg.exe
      > configuration tool for WinFbb)
      >
      > The ICON will be a Green Globe.
      >

      > Copy or Move the tln.dll V 1.8 and bpq.dll v 1.0.0.1 to the WinFbb
      Driver
      > Folder Replace all
      >

      > Copy or move the English.txt from the English folder to the CONFIG/LANG
      > folder.
      >

      > Copy the Beacon.sys to the WinFbb/CONFIG Folder Note: %15 is the beacon
      > interval 15= every 15 minutes.
      >

      > Don't bother with the Filters file, I need to replace them, but they
      really
      > are not needed in WinFbb 7.01.
      >

      > Restart you're Computer, the WinFbb configuration program should start
      > automatically.
      >

      > If your are running BPQ32, that must be the first selection in the
      > Configuration tool Ports section
      >
      > Unlike Previous versions of FBB the Ports.sys in the CONFIG folder
      does not
      > get edited, it is only
      >
      > A dummy file, it can be deleted.
      >

      > The Telnet Ports select TLN not TCP.
      >

      > Finally in 7.01 there really isn't an INIT.SRV file, most of the
      > configurations are stored in the WinFbb Registry.
      >

      > Please let me know if you have any problems.
      >

      > Mike Melnik

      Behalf
      > Of
      > > ki6aeu
      > > Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:04 AM
      > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Starting WinFbb
      > >

      > > Hi first time poster here.
      > >
      > > I just installed WinFbb as per the setup file here.
      > > But when it starts all i get is the box that says winfbb and the one
      > > next to it that is the bbs starting ( Displays status and messages
      > > etc..) this last about 1-2 sec them just goes away.
      > >
      > > Im seting it up on a laptop with windows xp pro. service pack 2
      > > intel processor 1.60 Ghz 488Mb ram
      > >
      > > John
      > > KI6AEU

    • Phillip
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
        Hi,
                   INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
        C:\FBB\MAIL       or similar

        Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct

        73
        Phillip
        ZL2TZE

        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

          John

          Just so I am clear on this, you are setting up 7.01-35 and not 7.00 series?

          If it is 7.01 the error is in the WinFbb Registry, give me about a half hour

          I will set up 7.01 on my test computer, it has been some time since I worked

          With 7.01, I know at one point I did have a corrupt registry entry.

          But I do want to make sure we are talking about 7.01-35 and not WFBB 7.00E, G or I

          Please let me know.

          Mike Melnik

          href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org

          href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org <http://n9pmo.
          > <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/>
          dyndns.org/>

          > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
          > source and a
          > > lot of
          > >
          > > Experience as well.
          > >

          > > 73
          > >

          > > Mike Melnik

        • fgephar1
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
          • ki6aeu
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
              their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
              config has
              c:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\Mail
              no if you look at my exported config file i get this

              is the double slashes normal?

              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
              "FbbRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb"
              "Data"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data"
              "Config"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config"
              "Yapp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\UsersPub\\Yapp"
              "Docs"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Docs"
              "ImportFile"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Mail.in"
              "Filters"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Filters"
              "Servers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Servers"
              "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Pg"
              "Drivers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Drivers"
              "Lang"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Lang"
              "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Log"
              "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Sat"
              "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Wp"
              "OldMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\OldMail"
              "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Fwd"
              "Sounds"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Sounds"
              "Mail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Mail"
              "CompresMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\ CompresMail"
              "UsersPub"="*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*"

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
              > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
              >
              > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
              >
              > 73
              > Phillip
              > ZL2TZE

            • ki6aeu
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                yes 701-35

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                  John

                  I am installing 7.01 as we speak, be back shortly

                  Mike Melnik

                  href="http://n9pmo.">http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org>
                  href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org/">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/>

                  > > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
                  > > source and a
                  > > > lot of
                  > > >
                  > > > Experience as well.
                  > > >

                  > > > 73
                  > > >

                  > > > Mike Melnik

                • Phillip
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                    Hi,
                             Can you post your INIT.SRV file  this is an editable file and if that is wrong you will get the error you say.

                    What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?

                    73 Phillip
                    ZL2TZE

                    their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
                    config has
                    c:\Program Files\WinFbb\ Data\Mail
                    no if you look at my exported config file i get this

                    is the double slashes normal?

                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
                    "FbbRoot"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb"
                    "Data"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data"
                    "Config"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config"
                    "Yapp"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \UsersPub\ \Yapp"
                    "Docs"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Docs"
                    "ImportFile" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Mail.in"
                    "Filters"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Filters"
                    "Servers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Servers"
                    "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Pg"
                    "Drivers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Drivers"
                    "Lang"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Lang"
                    "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Log"
                    "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Sat"
                    "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Wp"
                    "OldMail"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\OldMail"
                    "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Fwd"
                    "Sounds"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Sounds"
                    "Mail"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Mail"
                    "CompresMail" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\ CompresMail"
                    "UsersPub"=" *,*,*,*,* ,*,*,*"

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                    > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                    >
                    > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                    >
                    > 73
                    > Phillip
                    > ZL2TZE

                  • ki6aeu
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                      I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                      reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                      and if
                      > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                      >
                      > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                      >
                      > 73 Phillip
                      > ZL2TZE

                      8/10/2008

                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                        OK John,

                        I have 7.01 all setup and running, no problems, did you setup the following:

                        Forwarding Blocks in FWD Folder

                        Forward.sys

                        BBS.sys

                        I will send you my exported Config Backup, you will need to edit the call sign name, etc,

                        Save it in the WinFbb root directory, open the configuration tool, click on Import

                        Then Config Backup, navigate to the back up file, you will receive a windows warning box are you

                        Sure you want to add this information, YES, and then go to file, click on Reload Registry Config, then Save and Exit.

                        This will add two Port, Port 1 BPQ port 2 TLN 6300

                        I am sending the n9pmo.fbb Config backup to your E-Mail Address.

                        Mike Melnik

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                          John

                          Just sent the Backup and some instruction, to your E-Mail address

                          Mike Melnik

                          "Phillip" <zl2tze@> wrote:

                          > > Hi,
                          > > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                          > > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                          > >
                          > > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                          > >
                          > > 73
                          > > Phillip
                          > > ZL2TZE

                          8/10/2008

                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                            John

                            I just looked over all your registry entries,

                            "CopySysOpMessages"="******"   Should ether have your call sign or completely blank

                            Driver"="TCP" Should be Type TLN not TCP

                            KI6BPT"="1 1 john" Mine is Blank

                            Mike Melnik

                            I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                            reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                            > Hi,
                            > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                            and if
                            > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                            >
                            > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                            >
                            > 73 Phillip
                            > ZL2TZE

                            8/10/2008

                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                              HI Fred

                              Sorry for the delay, it is best to download the WFBB 700 from my web site, 7.00E is more

                              Stable then 7.01-35,, the download has all needed files, setting 7.00E up with BPQ32

                              Can be a bit confusing, any problems, please let me know.

                              Mike Melnik

                              http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008
                                Thanks for the help.
                                I now have it installed and running.

                                Now i'm going to work on
                                telnet, bpq32, and connecting it to my kamPlus. ( or should i wait
                                till my signalink usb get here?)

                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008

                                  Glad to hear you have it running, you can go a head and setup Telnet and BPQ

                                  Just remember BPQ must be your first Port selection, and for Telnet select

                                  TLN not TCP,  I have several telnet and AXIP Ports, I will be more then happy

                                  To help with the setup,

                                  TELNET Ports

                                  AXIP UDP ports

                                  The other two axip ports are restricted

                                  My DNS Address same as my web site, n9pmo.dyndns.org

                                  Mike Melnik