RE: [BPQ32] BPQ Connects with BPQ & FBB [1 Attachment]

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013

      Hi Joel

      Well you and I have see this problem as a tester, I am not to sure if other then the testers is aware

      Of the alterative use of the VCOM, and now in 16 BIT FBB that RS232 can be used instead of the

      TFWIN.DLL & bpqded32.dll, in the change log it really isn’t spelled out yet, as you know because

      The number of forwarding partners I have I have to use the TFWIN instead of RS232 for the reasons

      You described.

      Also in the new release the AGWtoBPQ.EXE is no-longer needed for programs that expect to communicate

      With AGWPE, instead a few lines need to be added in the bpq32.cfg just as they were in AGWtoBPQ.

      This makes one less program to start if needed for DX Clusters & other programs.

      The following is an example from my bpq32.cfg

      AGWPORT=8005

      AGWSESSIONS=8

      AGWMASK=2

      As far as anyone else having problems using the TFWIN, I think those were isolated cases and have been

      Solved.

      Thanks for the better explanation and Screen shot.

      I have only had the one APRS crash so far, all seems to be running fine.

      73

      Mike N9PMO
      BPQ32 Group Moderator

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
        Hi Mike, I'm still wondering and trying to decide if I should go back to TFWIN.
        What do you think? Help me decide? All my forwarding is getting done sooner or later.
        And I don't have a long list of forward partners like you have. So I still don't know how big of an issue it is here for me.
        ...73's...Joel N4JOA

        Joel Yates
        yate4899@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013

          Joel

          May be I have been running TFWIN too long, I have compared the difference between the two

          Several times, I see the same as you do, so I will stay with bpqded32.dll & tfwin.dll.

          Have you looked in the FBB manual as to how RS232 works?

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
            Hi Mike, Reference FBB and RS232 in the manual. I will check into that.
            I was just talking to John WB4MOZ and explaining what you and I are seeing.
            He said the same thing we do...If it is not broke Don't fix it.
            He also came up with a good point that you may want to check into.
            He said even with BPQ and FBB both forwarding via BPQ each BPQ port should have its own separate buffer space for each port. So my thought is...maybe this is not happening right under the new protocol?
            ...Joel

            Joel Yates
            yate4899@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
              On 09/10/13 14:15, Joel Yates wrote:

              Hi Mike, Reference FBB and RS232 in the manual. I will check into that.
              I was just talking to John WB4MOZ and explaining what you and I are seeing.
              He said the same thing we do...If it is not broke Don't fix it.
              He also came up with a good point that you may want to check into.
              He said even with BPQ and FBB both forwarding via BPQ each BPQ port should have its own separate buffer space for each port. So my thought is...maybe this is not happening right under the new protocol?
              ...Joel

              Joel Yates
              yate4899@...

              Hi Joel,

                        Dunno if this is related to what you have found but for some time now, I see an error on forward from your FBB BBS when there is more than one station connected.

              This shows it`s self as an incorrect protocol when I propose mail.

              This only happens when more than one station is connected to you at the time I connect.

              Regards ..... Peter

            • Joel Yates
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
                Hi Peter, OK thanks...I will keep an eye out for it.
                ...73's...Joel N4JOA

                Joel Yates
                yate4899@...