RE: [BPQ32] Re: Starting WinFbb

    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

      John

      Ok do this, uninstall WinFbb 7.01 (Control Panel Add or Remove Programs)

      Next open the Programs Folder, delete WinFbb32 Folder,

      Next go to Start/Run type REGEDIT (enter)

      Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

      Expand Software, near the bottom right click on WINFBB, but don’t expand the WINFBB

      and Delete the registry entry.

      Reboot your Computer.

      Delete the previous 7.01-35 complete install from your computer, re download the WinFbb32 7.01 from

      My Web Site, I just changed all of the zip files for easier installation.

      http://n9pmo. dyndns.org

      Important: Right Click on the downloaded ZIP File,

      Go to Properties, If there is a UNBLOCK Button Visible Click on to unblock, this happens with

      W2K and XP when files or programs are downloaded from another Computer, this is part of

      MS Service Pack 2 security, Note, depending on the security setting of W2K or XP you may or may not

      See or have this happen, if it is blocked, files can be missing or corrupted.

      Extract the Zip Folder to a temporary folder,

      Run the Winfbb701-20.exe

      Important: copy or move the contents of the win7.01-35 to Root Program Files\WinFbb\ Replace ALL

      Move the ded.dll and generic.dll to the Driver Folder.

      Next Copy or Move the contents of the winfbbcfg Folder (winfbbcfg.exe configuration tool for WinFbb)

      The ICON will be a Green Globe.

      Copy or Move the tln.dll V 1.8 and bpq.dll v 1.0.0.1 to the WinFbb Driver Folder Replace all

      Copy or move the English.txt from the English folder to the CONFIG/LANG folder.

      Copy the Beacon.sys to the WinFbb/CONFIG Folder Note: %15 is the beacon interval 15= every 15 minutes.

      Don’t bother with the Filters file, I need to replace them, but they really are not needed in WinFbb 7.01.

      Restart you’re Computer, the WinFbb configuration program should start automatically.

      If your are running BPQ32, that must be the first selection in the Configuration tool Ports section

      Unlike Previous versions of FBB the Ports.sys in the CONFIG folder does not get edited, it is only

      A dummy file, it can be deleted.

      The Telnet Ports select TLN not TCP.

      Finally in 7.01 there really isn’t an INIT.SRV file, most of the configurations are stored in the WinFbb Registry.

      Please let me know if you have any problems.

      Mike Melnik

      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
        ok not it does not disaper but says

        while trying to initialize and load config i get
        init.srv -error in line 5
        then shuts down.

        > Ok do this, uninstall WinFbb 7.01 (Control Panel Add or Remove
        Programs)

        > Next open the Programs Folder, delete WinFbb32 Folder,
        >
        > Next go to Start/Run type REGEDIT (enter)
        >
        > Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
        >
        > Expand Software, near the bottom right click on WINFBB, but don't expand
        > the WINFBB
        >
        > and Delete the registry entry.
        >

        > Reboot your Computer.
        >

        > Delete the previous 7.01-35 complete install from your computer, re
        > download the WinFbb32 7.01 from
        >
        > My Web Site, I just changed all of the zip files for easier
        installation.

        > http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo.dyndns.org> dyndns.org
        >

        > Important: Right Click on the downloaded ZIP File,
        >

        > Go to Properties, If there is a UNBLOCK Button Visible Click on to
        unblock,
        > this happens with
        >
        > W2K and XP when files or programs are downloaded from another Computer,
        > this is part of
        >
        > MS Service Pack 2 security, Note, depending on the security setting
        of W2K
        > or XP you may or may not
        >
        > See or have this happen, if it is blocked, files can be missing or
        > corrupted.
        >

        > Extract the Zip Folder to a temporary folder,
        >
        > Run the Winfbb701-20.exe
        >
        > Important: copy or move the contents of the win7.01-35 to Root Program
        > Files\WinFbb\ Replace ALL
        >
        > Move the ded.dll and generic.dll to the Driver Folder.
        >

        > Next Copy or Move the contents of the winfbbcfg Folder (winfbbcfg.exe
        > configuration tool for WinFbb)
        >
        > The ICON will be a Green Globe.
        >

        > Copy or Move the tln.dll V 1.8 and bpq.dll v 1.0.0.1 to the WinFbb
        Driver
        > Folder Replace all
        >

        > Copy or move the English.txt from the English folder to the CONFIG/LANG
        > folder.
        >

        > Copy the Beacon.sys to the WinFbb/CONFIG Folder Note: %15 is the beacon
        > interval 15= every 15 minutes.
        >

        > Don't bother with the Filters file, I need to replace them, but they
        really
        > are not needed in WinFbb 7.01.
        >

        > Restart you're Computer, the WinFbb configuration program should start
        > automatically.
        >

        > If your are running BPQ32, that must be the first selection in the
        > Configuration tool Ports section
        >
        > Unlike Previous versions of FBB the Ports.sys in the CONFIG folder
        does not
        > get edited, it is only
        >
        > A dummy file, it can be deleted.
        >

        > The Telnet Ports select TLN not TCP.
        >

        > Finally in 7.01 there really isn't an INIT.SRV file, most of the
        > configurations are stored in the WinFbb Registry.
        >

        > Please let me know if you have any problems.
        >

        > Mike Melnik

        Behalf
        > Of
        > > ki6aeu
        > > Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:04 AM
        > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups. <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> com
        > > Subject: [BPQ32] Starting WinFbb
        > >

        > > Hi first time poster here.
        > >
        > > I just installed WinFbb as per the setup file here.
        > > But when it starts all i get is the box that says winfbb and the one
        > > next to it that is the bbs starting ( Displays status and messages
        > > etc..) this last about 1-2 sec them just goes away.
        > >
        > > Im seting it up on a laptop with windows xp pro. service pack 2
        > > intel processor 1.60 Ghz 488Mb ram
        > >
        > > John
        > > KI6AEU

      • Phillip
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
          Hi,
                     INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
          C:\FBB\MAIL       or similar

          Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct

          73
          Phillip
          ZL2TZE

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

            John

            Just so I am clear on this, you are setting up 7.01-35 and not 7.00 series?

            If it is 7.01 the error is in the WinFbb Registry, give me about a half hour

            I will set up 7.01 on my test computer, it has been some time since I worked

            With 7.01, I know at one point I did have a corrupt registry entry.

            But I do want to make sure we are talking about 7.01-35 and not WFBB 7.00E, G or I

            Please let me know.

            Mike Melnik

            href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org

            href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org <http://n9pmo.
            > <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/>
            dyndns.org/>

            > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
            > source and a
            > > lot of
            > >
            > > Experience as well.
            > >

            > > 73
            > >

            > > Mike Melnik

          • fgephar1
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
            • ki6aeu
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
                config has
                c:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\Mail
                no if you look at my exported config file i get this

                is the double slashes normal?

                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
                "FbbRoot"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb"
                "Data"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data"
                "Config"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config"
                "Yapp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\UsersPub\\Yapp"
                "Docs"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Docs"
                "ImportFile"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Mail.in"
                "Filters"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Filters"
                "Servers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Servers"
                "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Pg"
                "Drivers"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Drivers"
                "Lang"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Lang"
                "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Log"
                "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Sat"
                "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Wp"
                "OldMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\OldMail"
                "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Config\\Fwd"
                "Sounds"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Sounds"
                "Mail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\Mail"
                "CompresMail"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\\Data\\ CompresMail"
                "UsersPub"="*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*"

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                >
                > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                >
                > 73
                > Phillip
                > ZL2TZE

              • ki6aeu
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                  yes 701-35

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                    John

                    I am installing 7.01 as we speak, be back shortly

                    Mike Melnik

                    href="http://n9pmo.">http://n9pmo. <http://n9pmo. dyndns.org> dyndns.org>
                    href="http://n9pmo.dyndns.org/">http://n9pmo. dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/> dyndns.org/>

                    > > > Let me know if I can be of any help, Mark K2CAN is a very good
                    > > source and a
                    > > > lot of
                    > > >
                    > > > Experience as well.
                    > > >

                    > > > 73
                    > > >

                    > > > Mike Melnik

                  • Phillip
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                      Hi,
                               Can you post your INIT.SRV file  this is an editable file and if that is wrong you will get the error you say.

                      What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?

                      73 Phillip
                      ZL2TZE

                      their all good. even check it with regedit. how ever this is what the
                      config has
                      c:\Program Files\WinFbb\ Data\Mail
                      no if you look at my exported config file i get this

                      is the double slashes normal?

                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ WinFbb\Folders]
                      "FbbRoot"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb"
                      "Data"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data"
                      "Config"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config"
                      "Yapp"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \UsersPub\ \Yapp"
                      "Docs"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Docs"
                      "ImportFile" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Mail.in"
                      "Filters"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Filters"
                      "Servers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Servers"
                      "Pg"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Pg"
                      "Drivers"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Drivers"
                      "Lang"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Lang"
                      "Log"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Log"
                      "Sat"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Sat"
                      "Wp"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Wp"
                      "OldMail"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\OldMail"
                      "Fwd"="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Config\\ Fwd"
                      "Sounds"="C: \\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Sounds"
                      "Mail"="C:\\ Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\Mail"
                      "CompresMail" ="C:\\Program Files\\WinFbb\ \Data\\ CompresMail"
                      "UsersPub"=" *,*,*,*,* ,*,*,*"

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      > INI.SRV line 5 is your Dir of message files
                      > C:\FBB\MAIL or similar
                      >
                      > Check with your editor the path and make sure it is correct
                      >
                      > 73
                      > Phillip
                      > ZL2TZE

                    • ki6aeu
                      Message 10 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008
                        I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                        reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                        and if
                        > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                        >
                        > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                        >
                        > 73 Phillip
                        > ZL2TZE

                        8/10/2008

                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                          OK John,

                          I have 7.01 all setup and running, no problems, did you setup the following:

                          Forwarding Blocks in FWD Folder

                          Forward.sys

                          BBS.sys

                          I will send you my exported Config Backup, you will need to edit the call sign name, etc,

                          Save it in the WinFbb root directory, open the configuration tool, click on Import

                          Then Config Backup, navigate to the back up file, you will receive a windows warning box are you

                          Sure you want to add this information, YES, and then go to file, click on Reload Registry Config, then Save and Exit.

                          This will add two Port, Port 1 BPQ port 2 TLN 6300

                          I am sending the n9pmo.fbb Config backup to your E-Mail Address.

                          Mike Melnik

                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                            John

                            Just sent the Backup and some instruction, to your E-Mail address

                            Mike Melnik

                            I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                            reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                            > Hi,
                            > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                            and if
                            > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                            >
                            > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                            >
                            > 73 Phillip
                            > ZL2TZE

                            8/10/2008

                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                              John

                              I just looked over all your registry entries,

                              "CopySysOpMessages"="******"   Should ether have your call sign or completely blank

                              Driver"="TCP" Should be Type TLN not TCP

                              KI6BPT"="1 1 john" Mine is Blank

                              Mike Melnik

                              I cant find it with a search of my whole computer. i think i uses your
                              reg now. so i posted a copy of my config back up.

                              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

                              > Hi,
                              > Can you post your INIT.SRV file this is an editable file
                              and if
                              > that is wrong you will get the error you say.
                              >
                              > What is on Line 5 in the INIT.SRV ?
                              >
                              > 73 Phillip
                              > ZL2TZE

                              8/10/2008

                              Message 14 of 21 , Aug 10, 2008

                                HI Fred

                                Sorry for the delay, it is best to download the WFBB 700 from my web site, 7.00E is more

                                Stable then 7.01-35,, the download has all needed files, setting 7.00E up with BPQ32

                                Can be a bit confusing, any problems, please let me know.

                                Mike Melnik

                                http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                                Message 15 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008
                                  Thanks for the help.
                                  I now have it installed and running.

                                  Now i'm going to work on
                                  telnet, bpq32, and connecting it to my kamPlus. ( or should i wait
                                  till my signalink usb get here?)

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Aug 11, 2008

                                    Glad to hear you have it running, you can go a head and setup Telnet and BPQ

                                    Just remember BPQ must be your first Port selection, and for Telnet select

                                    TLN not TCP,  I have several telnet and AXIP Ports, I will be more then happy

                                    To help with the setup,

                                    TELNET Ports

                                    AXIP UDP ports

                                    The other two axip ports are restricted

                                    My DNS Address same as my web site, n9pmo.dyndns.org

                                    Mike Melnik