BPQ32_6.0.4.1_20131006 including BPQMail, BPQChat and BPQAPRS is now available

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2013

      John Wiseman, G8BPQ/GM8BPQ, has created a common code base for BPQ32 allowing both Windows (BPQ32) and Linux (LinBPQ) versions to be produced in a timely fashion.

      This release updates BPQ32.dll, BPQMail, BPQChat and BPQTermTCP.

      BPQMail (a BBS system) and BPQChat (a Chat system) replaces BPQMailChat.  BPQMailChat is still provided, and can be used for mail, but it will be dropped in a subsequent release. The provided shortcuts for BPQMailChat actually point to BPQMail with the goal of easing the transition.

      BPQ32 has a basic Web Interface option. This provides Browser access to some node status displays, and a simple Web Terminal for access to the Network. It can also act as Web Server for other BPQ32 Applications, such as BPQAPRS

      BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging application, first introduced in BPQ32_5.2.4.1_20120130. BPQAPRS at its current state of development is a viable replacement for UIView32 for many users and in addition is under active development to add additional capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is "New n-N Paradigm " compliant and provides enough objects to fully support the Local Info Initiative. A configuration example is provided to quickly get you 'on the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides mapping, using the on-line OpenStreetMap, as well as reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing infrastructure.

      As a reminder, you must have all of your node configuration in BPQ32.cfg.  If you are still using the old method please read message #10713 for further details.

      Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files" part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then do a reinstall taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

      Help will be available in the users group should you have questions.

      The changelog is here:
      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#Changelog

      Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

      73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex N5IN)

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2013
        Thanks, Ron.

        It looks like the links on the Yahoo site have stopped working. The installer can be downloaded from

        or

        The latest released versions of LinBPQ and PILinBPQ can be downloaded from

        You may also need the latest HTML files if you haven't downloaded the recent test versions.

        The source for the Linux version can be found here, for those who want to build for other distributions.

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2013
          The BPQ32 Yahoo Group links, the ones on the welcome page as well as in the Files and Links sections, are working here in Minnesota.

          Anyone seeing this problem besides John?

          Ron

          > Thanks, Ron.
          >
          > It looks like the links on the Yahoo site have stopped working. The
          > installer can be downloaded from
          >
          > http://dxspots.com/BPQ32/Installer/BPQ32_6.0.4.1_20131006.exe
          >
          > or
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LastestInstaller/BPQ32_6.
          > 0.4.1_20131006.exe
          >
          > The latest released versions of LinBPQ and PILinBPQ can be downloaded from
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/pilinbpq
          >
          > You may also need the latest HTML files if you haven't downloaded the recent
          > test versions.
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip
          >
          > The source for the Linux version can be found here, for those who want to
          > build for other distributions.
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LinBPQ-6.0.4.1.tar.gz
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >

          > _____

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 7, 2013

            Ron

            I saw the updates were available from You, 4 files, I waited until the complete one peace installer

            Was posted by John and You on both web sites.

            All posting seem to have been working fine..

            73

            Mike N9PMO
            BPQ32 Group Moderator

            The BPQ32 Yahoo Group links, the ones on the welcome page as well as in the Files and Links sections, are working here in Minnesota.

            Anyone seeing this problem besides John?

            Ron

            > Thanks, Ron.
            >
            > It looks like the links on the Yahoo site have stopped working. The
            > installer can be downloaded from
            >
            > http://dxspots.com/BPQ32/Installer/BPQ32_6.0.4.1_20131006.exe
            >
            > or
            >
            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LastestInstaller/BPQ32_6.
            > 0.4.1_20131006.exe
            >
            > The latest released versions of LinBPQ and PILinBPQ can be downloaded from
            >
            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq
            >
            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/pilinbpq
            >
            > You may also need the latest HTML files if you haven't downloaded the
            recent
            > test versions.
            >
            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip
            >
            > The source for the Linux version can be found here, for those who want to
            > build for other distributions.
            >
            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LinBPQ-6.0.4.1.tar.gz
            >
            > 73, John G8BPQ
            >

            > _____

            No virus found in this message.

          • kj6ix_4
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 15, 2013

              I was wondering if anyone has had a problem installing the full version of the new build. ? What is going is that after I install the new version and run the program all seems to work correct ! But when I try to use a RF port I'm unable to connect !! to my users !.. I see the connect request going out and see on my tnc's the reply but will not connect or show up on my terminal program !... I went back to the last Build and all is working again... Any ideas ?

              Dale KJ6IX

              ---In bpq32@yahoogroups.com, <mmelnik1@...> wrote:

              Ron

              I saw the updates were available from You, 4 files, I waited until the complete one peace installer

              Was posted by John and You on both web sites.

              All posting seem to have been working fine..

              73

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator
              www.n9pmo.com

              (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

            • Dave Webb
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 15, 2013
                I Just got back from vacation. I just upgraded to the new build but found that it would NOT initialize the PK232. (comm16 via a usb serial conversion cable)
                This is on my XP computer. The upgrade seemed to go fine and everything except for the PK232 port seemed worked fine.
                I backed of to my prior build and everything is fine again.
                Looks like a lot has happened since I left 3 weeks ago.
                Dave
                WB2HVF

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 15, 2013
                  Hi Dave and Dale,

                  Could you confirm what version you are running now, so I know where to look for changes?

                  Thanks,
                  John

                  The BPQ32 Yahoo Group links, the ones on the welcome page as well as in the Files and Links sections, are working here in Minnesota.

                  Anyone seeing this problem besides John?

                  Ron

                  > Thanks, Ron.
                  >
                  > It looks like the links on the Yahoo site have stopped working. The
                  > installer can be downloaded from
                  >
                  > http://dxspots.com/BPQ32/Installer/BPQ32_6.0.4.1_20131006.exe
                  >
                  > or
                  >
                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LastestInstaller/BPQ32_6.
                  > 0.4.1_20131006.exe
                  >
                  > The latest released versions of LinBPQ and PILinBPQ can be downloaded from
                  >
                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq
                  >
                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/pilinbpq
                  >
                  > You may also need the latest HTML files if you haven't downloaded the
                  recent
                  > test versions.
                  >
                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip
                  >
                  > The source for the Linux version can be found here, for those who want to
                  > build for other distributions.
                  >
                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/LinBPQ-6.0.4.1.tar.gz
                  >
                  > 73, John G8BPQ
                  >

                  > _____

                • Charles D. Hall
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 15, 2013
                    John,

                    I had the same problem after installing the new version, but going back to the previous version did not help me.  I had to switch to going through agw in order to connect and it works fine.  My console says it is version 6.0.4.1, my terminal says 2.2.1.1, mail server is 1.4.57.1, and chat server is 1.0.2.1. I hope that’s right.
                    I thought it was just my TNC, I have an MFJ1278 with the original ROM.  But now I wonder if that’s actually the case.  Ron sent me a kiss rom, as soon as it here, I'll get it put in abd see what happens.

                    Dale K7SKL