Newbie Help

  • kg7bga
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 11 KB
    Sorry guys, this yahoogroup thing is new to me (also) and wasn't sure where to do this.

    I am new to BPQ.  So far I like it, but I am having trouble understanding how to set up a few things.  I have included my cfg file so you can see what I have done. I am having trouble connecting to my telnet server outside of my own network. When I connect to the telnet server, my chat gives me an error about the node not being mapped to the node.  I am not sure how to make it so that I can connect to and be a part of the nodes on the internet. I cannot get BPQ to talk to my MFJ 1278B without using AGW in between, and lastly, BPQ "disconnects" from the tnc.  It act like its supposed to but does not control the tnc in any way shape or form until I close everything down and use terminal to reset the tnc.  When I go into terminal to reset the tnc, I see errors like "?eh, and ?too long".  Any help you guys can provide will be much appreciated.

    Dale
    K7SKL
  • Mike
    Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2013

      Dale

      Give me a bit of time, I will make the corrections, place it in my drop box, will send you direct

      Drop box URL.

      What are you trying to do with this arrangement?

      MAP K7SKL 127.0.0.1 UDP 10093 B

      MAP K7SKL 127.0.0.1 TCP-Master 10093 B

      MAP K7SKL 0.0.0.0 TCP-Slave 10093 B

      What are you going to use the BPQEther for?

      73

      Mike N9PMO
      BPQ32 Group Moderator

[...]

      No virus found in this message.

    • Charles Hall

        Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5, 2013

          Dale

                          The MFJ-1278B does not include Hoist Mode nor directly support the MFJ-1278B. You need to manually, using Simple Terminal to set the MFJ-1278B into KISS mode and then select KISS, TNC-X or TNC-2.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

        • kg7bga

            Message 6 of 9 , Oct 5, 2013

              Mike,

              You are amazing!  I can connect to your node, I saw that you connected to mine.  Can I connect to other nodes not in my list?  What address do I use to telnet to my node from outside my local network? Do other nodes see on the internet see mine? How do I fix chat when I telnet in? I get an error after I type that says unexpected message on chat node - node link - disconnecting.

              I noticed that you put something different in your home BBS on my mail server. Help?

              Once I can telnet in from outside my local network, will I be able to use the android bpq to telnet in.  Verizon has blocked my udp ports (which is why I can't echolink on my phone).

              I still dont understand why my tnc disconnects from everything, but I am working on it.

              Oh this is exciting, so much more fun that regular old packet and so much more versatile!

              Dale - K7SKL

              Message 7 of 9 , Oct 5, 2013

                Replied direct e-mail

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator

                Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7, 2013

                  Alright, I have almost everything figured out, just not the TNC.  Heres what I have found.  The MFJ 1278B has a watchdog timer that kicks it out of KISS mode if it is not disabled.  To do that you have send it three bytes $C0 $FD $C0. But I dont know how to do this.  The info I found talks about using  KA9Q TCP/IP but I am lost.  I will keep looking just giving an update and see if anyone else has any ideas for me.

                  Dale

                  ---In bpq32@yahoogroups.com, <mmelnik1@...> wrote:

                  Replied direct e-mail

                  Mike N9PMO

                • n2ohh
                  Message 9 of 9 , Oct 8, 2013

                    I used to use debug.exe to create a file with those bytes and then

                    copy {file.hex}>com1:

                    {file.hex} is the file with the bytes.

                    com1: is the com port for the TNC.

                    I used to have an MFJ 1270B.

                    Another way was using the alt+num pad method. You hold down the alt key while you enter the digits then release it. So for 192 you would press down alt, then type 1, 9, 2, then release the alt key.

                    alt+192, alt+253, alt+192

                    192=$C0 and 253=$FD