BPQ32 APRS Setup

  • jeffee_1
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2013
      Hello everyone.  I've poured over the documentation I can find regarding APRS and I'm still not any farther ahead than I was when I started.  I'm running BPQ32 and UI-View on the same pc and thought it would be great to have bpq do everything and have on less app running on the machine.  When I set the APRSDIGI parameters and AX.25 parameters of the TNC attached to the radio I see all the igate traffic coming in from the internet but no local RF traffic is received or transmitted.  I've probably missed something obvious but I just haven't found it yet.  Does anyone have a config they could share with me?

      Thank you and 73 de K0JSC
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2013

        See if this helps:

        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/APRSDigiGate.html

        Note the following:

        The code is enabled by adding an "APRSDIGI" section to BPQ32.cfg. There is a commented example below.

         Note that if you enable the APRSDIGI on a port, you should normally disable the normal BPQ32

        beacon and Digi functions on that port by setting DIGIFLAG=0 and omitting UNPROTO

        Are you able to make a terminal connection to a near by station, ea. TNC mail Box?

        If you still have problem get hold of me, I will help you out.

        73‘

        Mike N9PMO
        BPQ32 Group Moderator

        Hello everyone.  I've poured over the documentation I can find regarding APRS and I'm still not any farther ahead than I was when I started.  I'm running BPQ32 and UI-View on the same pc and thought it would be great to have bpq do everything and have on less app running on the machine.  When I set the APRSDIGI parameters and AX.25 parameters of the TNC attached to the radio I see all the igate traffic coming in from the internet but no local RF traffic is received or transmitted.  I've probably missed something obvious but I just haven't found it yet.  Does anyone have a config they could share with me?

        Thank you and 73 de K0JSC

        No virus found in this message.