RE: RE: [BPQ32] File size question

  • n6kzb
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013

      We will try the test version.

      System is on a LAN with many users on a Ubiquiti 2.4 GHZ hub.

      RMS Express is used in Telnet with BPQ's IP address as the "RMS RELAY".

      We can move about 40-50 k sizes ok, any thing greater than that, after about 30 secs it times out

      and you are disconnected.

      We will let you know and thanks.

      MIke

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      There isn't a hard limit.

      How long are the transfers taking? I made a change to the default idle timeout in the last release of BPQMial, which didn't work as I intended, and could cause a disconnect even when data was still flowing. If you are getting a disconnect after two minutes it would be worth trying this test verson:

      If the problem isn't at around  2 minites, I'd be inteerested in seeing the logs from each end.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013

        A bit better, I was able to move a 64 K file, but anything greater, it still  times out and you get disconnected, again after about 20-30 secs.

        Purpose of BPQ being used in this fashion, so all the response members can learn, train, with one software Ie; RMS Express. (And learn about WinLink's 120K compre4sssed size limit, and work within that).

        There are 5 members that have 2.4 Ghz dishes back to the main HUB, where BPQ resides on a server.

        Distances from 1/2 mile to one link 12 Miles. All working fine with point to point transfers, Ie; computer to computer on the LAN.

        This network also has satellite Internet connectivity and that functions fine. The system is installed to support a large community for emergencies and special events. Internet connectivity to BPQ is not configured at this time.

        Just need to try to get BPQ to work on the LAN with larger files.

         ON packet RF I assume because of the delays in packets of info being sent and Acked, the delay is enough that BPQ handles the larger files ok?

        Thanks for the effort and we know we are stretching the limits of what BPQ is for, but this is a great application worth its success. (My opinion).

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
          Ok, Mike.

          If you send me the RMS Express and BPQMail logs I may be able to see what is happening

          73, John

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013

            Ok will do soon.

            What I did see id if I try a resend sometimes it will finish the file Ie;  FS 4750

            OR you get an error message that "too many restarts"

            Thanks

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
              • 1 Attachment
              • 5 KB

              <hr tabindex="-1">
              [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] <b>On Behalf Of
              still  times out and you get disconnected, again after about 20-30
              secs.</p>
              of BPQ being used in this fashion, so all the response members can learn, train,
              with one software Ie; RMS Express. (And learn about WinLink's 120K compre4sssed
              size limit, and work within that).</p>
              are 5 members that have 2.4 Ghz dishes back to the main HUB, where BPQ resides
              on a server.</p>
              mile to one link 12 Miles. All working fine with point to point transfers, Ie;
              computer to computer on the LAN.</p>
              network also has satellite Internet connectivity and that functions fine. The
              system is installed to support a large community for emergencies and special
              events. Internet connectivity to BPQ is not configured at this time.</p>
              need to try to get BPQ to work on the LAN with larger files.</p>
              packet RF I assume because of the delays in packets of info being sent and
              Acked, the delay is enough that BPQ handles the larger files ok?<br></p>
              fo r the effort and we know we are stretching the limits of what BPQ is for, but
              this is a great application worth its success. (My opinion).<br></p>
              <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:<br><br>
              is on a LAN with many users on a Ubiquiti 2.4 GHZ hub.</p>
              Express is used in Telnet with BPQ's IP address as the "RMS RELAY".</p>
              can move about 40-50 k sizes ok, any thing greater than that, after about 30
              secs it times out</p>
              you are disconnected. <br></p>
              will let you know and thanks.</p>
              <bpq32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:<br><br>
              change to the default idle timeout in the last release of BPQMial, which
              didn't work as I intended, and could cause a disconnect even when data was
              still flowing. If you are getting a disconnect after two minutes it would
              a<span class="ygrps-yiv-1820124554ygrps-yiv-400443328ygrps-yiv-1825377035ygrps-yiv-618691327ygrps-yiv-165354499816505607-18092013">round
              inteerested in seeing the logs from each
              <hr tabindex="-1">
              [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] <b>On Behalf Of
              over a telnet connection.<br><br>RMS relay configured to go to BPQ and BPQ set
              up with BBS application=BBS<br><br>No
            • n6kzb