RE: [BPQ32] RE: COmplete startup guide?

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10, 2013

      Thanks again I did archive this link..

      The bottom section shows goo d info on Outpost Packet..

      73 jerry

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013

        OK, so I have it running, am able to see everyone's packets, etc.  Try to connect (c 1 XXX7XX-?) my packet gets broadcast, I see a response, but no real terminal connection.   I must really have something screwed up.   I would like to do chat, mail, BBS, etc, but am clueless about setting everything up.

        I assume I would need to know what other hosts and gateways need to be filled in for mail and such, but have no idea where to find this information.    There are a lot of parameters that make no sense to me.

        Apparently I have my beacon working, LOL.

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013

          When you say you seeing a response, is the TNC Rec. light coming on or are you only seeing the radio’s

          S-Meter respond.

          If you like, send me your bpq32.cfg, I will look it over and test it, I need to know what TNC & com port you are running.

          Once we get the node switch working I will help you out with the Chat and Mail Server.

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator

          Ok, I've got the node going apparently and am abil to see data from the softmodem, and send out connects.  Now I have to do some reading, as I have a VHF side that I would like to use, and apparently no VHF/HF gateways here in Albuquerque that Iknow of.  So maybe I can set one up.

          No virus found in this message.

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013

            Note:

            leemaisel@... would not accept e-mail

            Mike N9PMO
            BPQ32 Group Moderator

            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013

               Hi Mike, don't know what's going on with email, Yahoo has it all screwed up.

              My email is maisel@...

              As far as my CFG file, here it is at the end.

              If it matters, I am in Albuquerque, and would like to get both sides up VHF/HF and I can crossband eventually.  I do have 2 radios I can use for that.   I know nothing about what to set for other hosts to forward to, is this automagic?   I'd like to get a working chat server going, a BBS/Mail, etc.  I am clueless about packet, have read some, but it seems more toward VHF and not much related to actual settings.

              Is there some sort of naming convention of hosts?  It seems like I see XXX8XXX-1 (bbs) xxx8xxx-3(chat) xxx8xxx-7 (node)  is this correct?

              Thanks,

              73

              Lee  W5LMM

              --------------here's the file----------------

              /* This begins a multi-line comment

              CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32: G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE

              The purpose of this configuration is simply to confirm that the basic BPQ32
              system is operable.  It contains only a LOOPBACK port.

              To perform the basic test, compile this configuration file by executing
              bpqcfg.exe, which will generate bpqcfg.bin. Now execute BPQTerminal.exe, and
              in the lowest window enter:

              C 1 MYNODE v MYCALL

              You should receive the following response:

              MYNODE:MYCALL} Connected to MYNODE
              This is the CTEXT.
              MYNODE:MYCALL} CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD

              If you get the above response the basic test has succeeded.

              This file: \Examples\Minimal\bpqcfg.txt

              */ This ends a multi-line comment

              LOCATOR=DM65rc
              ;See LOCATOR details at:
              ;http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQNodeMap.htm

              PASSWORD=Changed
              ; SYSOP Passord - See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Node%20SYSOP.html

              NODECALL=W5LMM-7        ; Node callsign
              NODEALIAS=W5LMM    ; Node alias (6 characters max)
              ;BBSCALL=MYCALL        ; Replaced by APPL1CALL following APPLICATIONS=
              ;BBSALIAS=MYNODE    ; Replaced by APPL1ALIAS following APPLICATIONS=
              IDMSG:            ; UI broadcast text from W5LMM-7 to fixed dest ID
              This is the IDMSG text.
              ***            ; Denotes end of IDMSG text
              BTEXT:            ; UI broadcast text from BCALL to destination UNPROTO=
              This is the BTEXT text.
              ***            ; Denotes end of BTEXT text
              INFOMSG:        ; The INFO command text follows:
              This is the INFOMSG text.
              ***            ; Denotes end of INFOMSG text
              CTEXT:            ; The CTEXT text follows:
              This is the CTEXT text.
              W5LMM-7:W5LMM} CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
              ***            ; Denotes end of CTEXT text
              FULL_CTEXT=0        ; 0=send CTEXT to L2 connects to NODEALIAS only
                          ; 1=send CTEXT to all connectees

              ; Network System Parameters:

              OBSINIT=6        ; Initial obsolescence set when a node is included
                          ; in a received nodes broadcast. This value is then
                          ; decremented by 1 every NODESINTERVAL.
              OBSMIN=4        ; When the obsolescence of a node falls below this
                          ; value that node's information is not included in
                          ; a subsequent nodes broadcast.
              NODESINTERVAL=15    ; Nodes broadcast interval in minutes
              IDINTERVAL=60        ; 'IDMSG' UI broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
              BTINTERVAL=60        ; The BTEXT broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
              L3TIMETOLIVE=25        ; Max L3 hops
              L4RETRIES=3        ; Level 4 retry count
              L4TIMEOUT=60        ; Level 4 timeout in seconds s/b > FRACK x RETRIES
              L4DELAY=10        ; Level 4 delayed ack timer in seconds
              L4WINDOW=4        ; Level 4 window size
              MAXLINKS=63        ; Max level 2 links
              MAXNODES=128        ; Max nodes in nodes table
              MAXROUTES=64        ; Max adjacent nodes
              MAXCIRCUITS=128        ; Max L4 circuits
              MINQUAL=168        ; Minimum quality to add to nodes table
              ; INP3 Routing is experimental.  The two parms which follow will be ignored
              ; unless activated in the ROUTES: section.
              MAXHOPS=4        ; INP3 hop limit to add to tables
              MAXRTT=90        ; INP3 max RTT in seconds
              BUFFERS=255        ; Packet buffers - 255 means allocate as many as
                          ; possible, normally about 130, depending upon other
                          ; table sizes.

              ; TNC default parameters:

              PACLEN=236        ; Max packet size (236 max for net/rom)
               /*
              PACLEN is a problem! The ideal size depends on the link(s) over which a packet
              will be sent. For a session involving another node, we have no idea what is at
              the far end. Ideally each node should have the capability to combine and then
              refragment messages to suit each link segment - maybe when there are more BPQ
              nodes about than 'other' ones, I'll do it. When the node is accessed directly,
              things are a bit easier, as we know at least something about the link. So,
              currently there are two PACLEN params, one here and one in the PORTS section.
              This one is used to set the initial value for sessions via other nodes and for
              sessions initiated from here. The other is used for incoming direct (Level 2)
              sessions. In all cases the TNC PACLEN command can be used to override the
              defaults.
               */

              ; Level 2 Parameters:

              ; T1 (FRACK), T2 (RESPTIME) and N2 (RETRIES) are now in the PORTS section

              T3=120            ; Link validation timer in seconds
              IDLETIME=720        ; Idle link shutdown timer in seconds

              ; Configuration Options:

              AUTOSAVE=1        ; Saves BPQNODES.dat upon program exit
              BBS=1            ; 1 = BBS support included, 0 = No BBS support
              NODE=1            ; Include switch support
              HIDENODES=1        ; If set to 1, nodes beginning with a #
                          ; require a 'N *' command to be displayed.
              ; The *** LINKED command is intended for use by gateway software, and concern
              ; has been expressed that it could be misused. It is recommended that it be
              ; disabled (=N) if unneeded.

              ENABLE_LINKED=N        ; Controls processing of *** LINKED command
                          ; Y = allows unrestricted use
                          ; A = allows use by application program
                          ; N = disabled
              /*
              AX25 port definitions:

              The LOOPBACK port simulates a connection by looping input to output. To test,
              start BPQTerminal and enter: 'C 1 MYNODE via MYCALL'
              In this example '1' is the LOOPBACK port number. The LOOPBACK port is provided
              for testing purposes and would rarely be included in an established system.
              */
              PORT

               ID=UZ7HO Soundmodem
               DRIVER=UZ7HO
               CHANNEL=A
               PORTCALL=W5LMM
               PACLEN=80

               CONFIG

                ADDR 127.0.0.1 8000
                MAXSESSIONS=5
                UPDATEMAP
                BEACONAFTERSESSION
              ENDPORT

              PORT

               ID=UZ7HO Soundmodem Chan 2
               DRIVER=UZ7HO
               CHANNEL=B
               PORTCALL=W5LMM
               PACLEN=80

               CONFIG

                ADDR 127.0.0.1 8000 PATH
                MAXSESSIONS=5
                UPDATEMAP

              ENDPORT

              ROUTES:            ; Locked routes (31 maximum)
              /*            ; Begin comment block
              CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN,INP3Enable]

              MAXFRAME, Frack and PACLEN if stated override the port defaults.
              INP3Enable = 1 enables, 0 or null disable.  The INP3 (internode protocol)
              implementation in BPQ32 is experimental.  See additional details in bpqaxip.cfg.
              Example of a route statement using INP3:
              HISCAL-12,1,1,0,0,0,1

              Locked routes tend to be overused and should not be set unless truly needed.
              */            ; End comment block
              ; No routes are specified, as they would be meaningless for this configuration.
              ***            ; Denotes end of locked routes
              /*
              Applications:

              You can define additional Node commands that are available to your users. These may connect to
              applications running on you computer, or be aliases or 'shortcuts' to other node commands.
              For example you can define the command "BBS". This can either be set up to connect to a BBS running
              on your computer, or to be an alias for a command that connects to a BBS on another system.

              You can set up a callsign that if connected to will select the command, and if required cause the
              call to be added to your NODES list.

              The format is:

              APPLICATION n,CMD,New Command,Call,Alias, Quality

              n Application Number. You can define up to 32.
              CMD The command the user types
              New Command (optional) The Node command to be run
              Call (optional) The call which directly invokes CMD
              Alias and Quality (optional) If specified, causes an entry for Call and Alias to be added to your
              NODES table with the specified Quality

              For example:

              APPLICATION 1,BBS,,W5LMM,W5LMMB,200
              APPLICATION 2,CHAT,,W5LMM-1,W5LMMC,255
              ;APPLICATION 3,DX,C DXCLUS

              APPL1CALL=W5LMMB
              APPL2CALL=W5LMMC

              Associated with each Application number is an applications mask. Most BPQ32 applications can be configured to
              use any Application. An exception is AR-Cluster using the OCX interface, which must be Appl 1. Normally an Application Mask is configured in the application, rather than an Application Number. The following table gives
              the Application Mask values:

                Appl: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, etc
                Decimal Mask: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128, etc
                Hexadecimal Mask: 0x1,0x2,0x4,0x8,0x10,0x20,0x40,0x80, etc

              */

              ; In this example no applications are supported.

              --- In bpq32@yahoogroups.com, <mmelnik1@...> wrote:

              Note:

              leemaisel@... would not accept e-mail

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator

              Ok, I've got the node going apparently and am abil to see data from the softmodem, and send out connects.  Now I have to do some reading, as I have a VHF side that I would like to use, and apparently no VHF/HF gateways here in Albuquerque that Iknow of.  So maybe I can set one up.

              No virus found in this message.

            • leemaisel

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 13, 2013

                  Is the response from W5LMM-7 an UA frame? Is W5LMM-7 the BBS callsign-SSID? Can you connect to any other node or service?

                  73 Bill

                  N9ACQ

                • leemaisel
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 14, 2013

                    Thanks BIll, Mike sent me a new CFG file that I'm going to try.