Pactor wl2k P2P within BPQ

  • n5mdt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3 5:38 AM
      John or anyone...

      Is it possible to receive a wl2k peer to peer message over a bpq pactor port? If so can you give details?

      Thanks
      Mark
    • Dave Webb
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3 5:56 AM
        Mark
        As the sysop of an AF MARS BPQ BBS, I have users that use RMSExpress and Airmail to connect to the BBS all the time to retrieve messages. It requires the sysop to have the RMSExpress user box check on his user record. If you want your user to be able to retrieve bulletins as well, the sysop needs to set up that user as a BBS and set up which bulletins the user desires.
        Our Pactor port is set up to send the user connecting directly to the BBS. Winmor and Packet allows SSID's so the user can chose if he/she wants to connect to the bbs or cms.
        RMS Express needs to be in the RMS mode, NOT P2P. P2P will only allow you to send messages to the BBS itself.
        Hope this helps
        73
        Dave
        WB2HVF

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3 6:51 AM
          Mark,

          BPQ can accept a call from RMS Express running in either P2P or WL2K mode. The RMS Express end can send messages to the BBS call in P2P mode. To send messages destined for other users, it has to be in WL2K mode,

          Strictly speaking there is no such thing as a wl2k peer to peer message - a message is one or the other.

          73, John

          It does. What you are saying in a long about way is no. I have to shut
          down BPQ and start up RMS Express in P2P mode to accept a P2P wl2k
          connection...

          Thanks
          Mark

          > Mark
          > As the
          sysop of an AF MARS BPQ BBS, I have users that use RMSExpress and

          Airmail to connect to the BBS all the time to retrieve messages. It

          requires the sysop to have the RMSExpress user box check on his user

          record. If you want your user to be able to retrieve bulletins as well,

          the sysop needs to set up that user as a BBS and set up which bulletins

          the user desires.
          > Our Pactor port is set up to send the user connecting
          directly to the
          > BBS. Winmor and Packet allows SSID's so the user can
          chose if he/she
          > wants to connect to the bbs or cms.
          > RMS Express
          needs to be in the RMS mode, NOT P2P. P2P will only allow
          > you to send
          messages to the BBS itself.
          > Hope this helps
          > 73

          Dave

          wrote:

          >> John or anyone...
          >>
          >> Is it
          possible to receive a wl2k peer to peer message over a bpq
          >> pactor
          port? If so can you give details?

          >> Thanks

          Mark

        • Mark Taylor
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3 7:37 AM
            It does. What you are saying in a long about way is no. I have to shut
            down BPQ and start up RMS Express in P2P mode to accept a P2P wl2k
            connection...

            Thanks
            Mark

            > Mark
            > As the sysop of an AF MARS BPQ BBS, I have users that use RMSExpress and
            > Airmail to connect to the BBS all the time to retrieve messages. It
            > requires the sysop to have the RMSExpress user box check on his user
            > record. If you want your user to be able to retrieve bulletins as well,
            > the sysop needs to set up that user as a BBS and set up which bulletins
            > the user desires.
            > Our Pactor port is set up to send the user connecting directly to the
            > BBS. Winmor and Packet allows SSID's so the user can chose if he/she
            > wants to connect to the bbs or cms.
            > RMS Express needs to be in the RMS mode, NOT P2P. P2P will only allow
            > you to send messages to the BBS itself.
            > Hope this helps
            > 73
            > Dave
            > WB2HVF
            >

            > On 9/3/2013 8:38 AM, n5mdt wrote:
            >>
            >> John or anyone...
            >>
            >> Is it possible to receive a wl2k peer to peer message over a bpq
            >> pactor port? If so can you give details?
            >>
            >> Thanks
            >> Mark

          • Mark Taylor
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3 8:23 AM
              Thanks John. I'll start testing that today.

              Mark

              > Mark,
              >
              > BPQ can accept a call from RMS Express running in either P2P or WL2K mode.
              > The RMS Express end can send messages to the BBS call in P2P mode. To send
              > messages destined for other users, it has to be in WL2K mode,
              >
              > Strictly speaking there is no such thing as a wl2k peer to peer message -
              > message is one or the other.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

            • Dave Webb