Router assigning strange ports?

  • n6kzb
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2013
      Have BPQ running and the normal ports open on the router;

      10092  10093  12055 directed to the BPQ computer

      I map as I should for 10093.

      But after a while I broadcast an odd port # such as 52911 on axip.

      The 10093 gets ignored and when this happens, no one can axip to me as they are trying on 10093.

      Pulling my hair out on this one,

      Mike
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2013
        Mike

        Click on the Yellow BPQ Icon lower right of tool tray, select BPQ
        32 Console, this will open the
        BPQ32 MDI Window, click on the BPQ32 Console Version DLL window,
        scroll down the window
        And check for any errors, if all ok, see my below comment.

        I have seen the same from time to time going back to version 5 of
        BPQ32 (WIN/BPQ) it seems to happen
        More when I edit in or make a change in eth AXIP port
        configuration and then do a RE-Read.

        Usually closing all BPQ32 Programs and restarting BPQ32 programs
        solves the problem, how ever I have
        Seen the same problem if MAP a user in, I rarely Map users in
        relying on the AUTOADDMAP, but there
        Are some users that do not use AUTOADDMAP so the Node/Host needs
        to be mapped in, when I run
        Across the strange port address, I run a Ping on the Host and
        check their IP Address, in most cases
        There is a problem on the partner's end that the Host Updater has
        not been installed or set up, if the two
        IP Address do not match you see the wrong port address.

        My first suggestion is not to MAP your partner in if he has (you
        Mapped in), wait a bit, then check the
        AXIP Resolver again for that call.

        Once you have received his IP Address, you can ping his Host and
        compare against his received IP address.

        John G8BPQ may have a better idea.

        Let us know if this helps.

        73

        Mike N9PMO