RE: [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
      Is his call really kc6xxx?

      John

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
      Sent: 23 August 2013 19:34
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

      I have done that. Doing so again.

      Doesn't seem to have much affect. But will watch it again this time around.

      This in bpq.cfg

      ROUTES:
      KC6XXX-3,0,2 ;
      KC6XXX-1,0,2 ;

      I added the -1 route bas I think he has that going somewhere else, just in case. I can do a direct connect to the -3, the BBS.
      The -1 is weak at best, and I have no idae what it is.

      The worst part is my system sends him the "keep alive" to the -3 call and he treats it as a connect and we ping back and forth.

      Thanks.

      Mike

      > Mike,
      >
      > It should
      do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth
      > closing
      down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is

      being reloaded from that.

      _____

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
      > Sent: 23 August 2013 19:18
      > To:
      > Subject:
      [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

      > The
      "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks

      it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying.
      > Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops
      out, then it
      > will start all over again.
      >
      > He is running
      some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a
      > node. All
      I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly

      pinging him to see if he is alive.

      > I would live with him
      appearing if we would not get into this connected
      > state, and stop the
      pinging.

      > Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being
      listed?
      > I this my lot in life, hi hi
      >
      > Thanks for the
      time spent on this.

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
      wrote:

      > > John
      > >
      > > I would think
      direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
      > > 0 I would think
      he would not end up
      > > In the nodes table?

      Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and would

      that help?

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
      > > Behalf Of John
      Wiseman
      > > Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:35 PM
      > > To:
      > > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re:
      Node lockout

      > > Mike,
      > >
      > > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong.
      > > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore
      > > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an
      > > indirect link to him via another node.
      > >
      > > 73,
      John

      > > From:
      lockout

      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > I tried
      it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I
      > > did find.
      However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he
      > > appears in
      the nodes table.

      > > I was hoping to prevent it from even
      showing up.

      > > Users tend to see something and they try
      to connect.

      ;

      > > > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port
      the Node is heard on, by
      > > setting quality
      > > > to 0, no
      connection from
      > > > That node can be made to your node.
      > > >
      > > > Save bpq32.cfg

      Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

      > > > 73
      > > >
      > > > Mike N9PMO
      > > > www.n9pmo.com

      lockout

      > > > Been through the
      docs but a bit confusing.

      > > > I have a VHF port
      that has a particular node call that is not a
      > > reliable
      > > > connect.
      > > >
      > > > Is there anyway to stop that
      call sign from even appearing in
      > > my nodes table

      when a user does a "n" command at my switch.

      > > > Or since he is a direct path, I am stuck with his node

      broadcast?

      > > > Thanks, Mike

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
        Mike

        In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:

        NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)

        As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
        is not running, in the
        View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
        the file named
        BPQNODES.dat

        Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
        Band openings.

        This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
        have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
        My RF ports.

        Mike N9PMO
        The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his
        station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to"
        etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one
        side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

        He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its
        call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and
        BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

        I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this
        connected state, and stop the pinging.

        Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
        I this my lot in life, hi hi

        Thanks for the time spent on this.

        Mike

        > I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality
        is
        > 0 I would think he would not end up
        > In the nodes table?
        >
        > Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and
        would
        > that help?
        >
        > Mike N9PMO
        > www.n9pmo.com

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
          No, trying not to directly indicate someone who was there long before I came on channel.

          Mike

          > Is his call really kc6xxx?

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
            Ok have done so and will see what happens.

            Thanks

            > Mike
            >
            > In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:
            >
            > NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)
            >
            > As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
            > is not running, in the
            > View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
            > the file named
            > BPQNODES.dat
            >
            > Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
            > Band openings.
            >
            > This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
            > have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
            > My RF ports.
            >
            > Mike N9PMO
            > www.n9pmo.com

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
              And they all lived happily ever after..........

              That fixed the issue. Will ensure that is added to any future RF ports.

              I am now a good neighbor. Thanks to both of you.

              PS John, been 20 years but used to run early BPQ and an HF STA 30 meter port, with two local RF ports, along with W0RLI BBS.

              Ahhhh, those were the glory days of packet!

              Adios and again thanks !!

              Mike xe2/n6kzb