Re: Node lockout

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
      This what occurs about one minute after re-boot with a clear nodes table

      18:33:24T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

      18:33:26R KC6IKE-3>XE2BNC-2 Port=4 <I C S0 R0>: SAW:KC6IKE-3 Welcome to wq6n-linux.ampr.org network node Type ? for a list of commands. help <commandname> gives a description of the named command. --

      18:33:28T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:32T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:36T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:44T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:48T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:52T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
      18:33:56T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

      and on and on and on.............

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
        Is his call really kc6xxx?

        John

        _____

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
        > Sent: 23 August 2013 19:18
        > To:
        > Subject:
        [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

        > The
        "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks

        it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying.
        > Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops
        out, then it
        > will start all over again.
        >
        > He is running
        some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a
        > node. All
        I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly

        pinging him to see if he is alive.

        > I would live with him
        appearing if we would not get into this connected
        > state, and stop the
        pinging.

        > Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being
        listed?
        > I this my lot in life, hi hi
        >
        > Thanks for the
        time spent on this.

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
        wrote:

        > > John
        > >
        > > I would think
        direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
        > > 0 I would think
        he would not end up

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
        > > Behalf Of John
        Wiseman
        > > Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:35 PM
        > > To:
        > > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re:
        Node lockout

        > > Mike,
        > >
        > > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong.
        > > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore
        > > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an
        > > indirect link to him via another node.
        > >
        > > 73,
        John

        > > From:
        lockout

        ;

        > > > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port
        the Node is heard on, by
        > > setting quality
        > > > to 0, no
        connection from
        > > > That node can be made to your node.
        > > >
        > > > Save bpq32.cfg

        Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

        > > > 73
        > > >
        > > > Mike N9PMO
        > > > www.n9pmo.com

        lockout

        > > > Been through the
        docs but a bit confusing.

        > > > I have a VHF port
        that has a particular node call that is not a
        > > reliable
        > > > connect.
        > > >
        > > > Is there anyway to stop that
        call sign from even appearing in
        > > my nodes table

        when a user does a "n" command at my switch.

        > > > Or since he is a direct path, I am stuck with his node

        broadcast?

        > > > Thanks, Mike

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
          Mike

          In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:

          NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)

          As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
          is not running, in the
          View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
          the file named
          BPQNODES.dat

          Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
          Band openings.

          This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
          have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
          My RF ports.

          Mike N9PMO
          The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his
          station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to"
          etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one
          side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

          He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its
          call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and
          BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

          I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this
          connected state, and stop the pinging.

          Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
          I this my lot in life, hi hi

          Thanks for the time spent on this.

          Mike

          > I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality
          is
          > 0 I would think he would not end up
          > In the nodes table?
          >
          > Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and
          would
          > that help?
          >
          > Mike N9PMO
          > www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
            No, trying not to directly indicate someone who was there long before I came on channel.

            Mike

            > Is his call really kc6xxx?

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
              Ok have done so and will see what happens.

              Thanks

              > Mike
              >
              > In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:
              >
              > NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)
              >
              > As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
              > is not running, in the
              > View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
              > the file named
              > BPQNODES.dat
              >
              > Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
              > Band openings.
              >
              > This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
              > have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
              > My RF ports.
              >
              > Mike N9PMO
              > www.n9pmo.com

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                And they all lived happily ever after..........

                That fixed the issue. Will ensure that is added to any future RF ports.

                I am now a good neighbor. Thanks to both of you.

                PS John, been 20 years but used to run early BPQ and an HF STA 30 meter port, with two local RF ports, along with W0RLI BBS.

                Ahhhh, those were the glory days of packet!

                Adios and again thanks !!

                Mike xe2/n6kzb