RE: [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
      Mike,

      It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is being reloaded from that.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
        I have done that. Doing so again.

        Doesn't seem to have much affect. But will watch it again this time around.

        This in bpq.cfg

        ROUTES:
        KC6XXX-3,0,2 ;
        KC6XXX-1,0,2 ;

        I added the -1 route bas I think he has that going somewhere else, just in case. I can do a direct connect to the -3, the BBS.
        The -1 is weak at best, and I have no idae what it is.

        The worst part is my system sends him the "keep alive" to the -3 call and he treats it as a connect and we ping back and forth.

        Thanks.

        Mike

        > Mike,
        >
        > It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth
        > closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is
        > being reloaded from that.
        >
        > 73, John
        >

        > _____

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
          This what occurs about one minute after re-boot with a clear nodes table

          18:33:24T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

          18:33:26R KC6IKE-3>XE2BNC-2 Port=4 <I C S0 R0>: SAW:KC6IKE-3 Welcome to wq6n-linux.ampr.org network node Type ? for a list of commands. help <commandname> gives a description of the named command. --

          18:33:28T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:32T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:36T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:44T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:48T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:52T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
          18:33:56T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

          and on and on and on.............

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
            Is his call really kc6xxx?

            John

            _____

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
            > Sent: 23 August 2013 19:18
            > To:
            > Subject:
            [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

            > The
            "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks

            it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying.
            > Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops
            out, then it
            > will start all over again.
            >
            > He is running
            some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a
            > node. All
            I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly

            pinging him to see if he is alive.

            > I would live with him
            appearing if we would not get into this connected
            > state, and stop the
            pinging.

            > Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being
            listed?
            > I this my lot in life, hi hi
            >
            > Thanks for the
            time spent on this.

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
            wrote:

            > > John
            > >
            > > I would think
            direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
            > > 0 I would think
            he would not end up

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
            > > Behalf Of John
            Wiseman
            > > Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:35 PM
            > > To:
            > > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re:
            Node lockout

            > > Mike,
            > >
            > > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong.
            > > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore
            > > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an
            > > indirect link to him via another node.
            > >
            > > 73,
            John

            > > From:
            lockout

            ;

            > > > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port
            the Node is heard on, by
            > > setting quality
            > > > to 0, no
            connection from
            > > > That node can be made to your node.
            > > >
            > > > Save bpq32.cfg

            Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

            > > > 73
            > > >
            > > > Mike N9PMO
            > > > www.n9pmo.com

            lockout

            > > > Been through the
            docs but a bit confusing.

            > > > I have a VHF port
            that has a particular node call that is not a
            > > reliable
            > > > connect.
            > > >
            > > > Is there anyway to stop that
            call sign from even appearing in
            > > my nodes table

            when a user does a "n" command at my switch.

            > > > Or since he is a direct path, I am stuck with his node

            broadcast?

            > > > Thanks, Mike

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
              Mike

              In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:

              NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)

              As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
              is not running, in the
              View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
              the file named
              BPQNODES.dat

              Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
              Band openings.

              This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
              have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
              My RF ports.

              Mike N9PMO
              The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his
              station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to"
              etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one
              side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

              He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its
              call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and
              BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

              I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this
              connected state, and stop the pinging.

              Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
              I this my lot in life, hi hi

              Thanks for the time spent on this.

              Mike

              > I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality
              is
              > 0 I would think he would not end up
              > In the nodes table?
              >
              > Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and
              would
              > that help?
              >
              > Mike N9PMO
              > www.n9pmo.com

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                No, trying not to directly indicate someone who was there long before I came on channel.

                Mike

                > Is his call really kc6xxx?

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                  Ok have done so and will see what happens.

                  Thanks

                  > Mike
                  >
                  > In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:
                  >
                  > NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)
                  >
                  > As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
                  > is not running, in the
                  > View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
                  > the file named
                  > BPQNODES.dat
                  >
                  > Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
                  > Band openings.
                  >
                  > This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
                  > have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
                  > My RF ports.
                  >
                  > Mike N9PMO
                  > www.n9pmo.com

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                    And they all lived happily ever after..........

                    That fixed the issue. Will ensure that is added to any future RF ports.

                    I am now a good neighbor. Thanks to both of you.

                    PS John, been 20 years but used to run early BPQ and an HF STA 30 meter port, with two local RF ports, along with W0RLI BBS.

                    Ahhhh, those were the glory days of packet!

                    Adios and again thanks !!

                    Mike xe2/n6kzb