AXIP Port & Ethernet Adapter Problem

  • Keith Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
      I am trying to use BPQ32 and Sally Software to talk to another
      computer running Xrouter and FBB software. The BPQ32 and Sally
      Software are running in Vista Ultimate SP1 and Xrouter
      plus FBB in Windows 98 SE. I have got BPQ32 running with 1 AXIP Port
      and the Switch is interfacing with Sally OK but I cant get the port to
      see or comunicate with Xrouter. I think the problem may be in the
      BPQEther.cnf and the Adaptor name. I have run BPQAdapters.exe
      but it produces an error report in Vista "The procedure entry point
      PacketGetRead Event could not be located in the dynamic link library
      Packet.dll". The name I tried to use is from the
      System Information.

      # BPQ Port 1

      TXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI
      RXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI

      TYPE 1 08FF # Ethernet Type

      DEST 1 00-20-AF-E5-10-4F # Target Ethernet Addr - Multicast
      as used in DOS BPQCODE

      SOURCE 1 00-1E-8C-D6-51-AB # Source Ethernet Addr

      ADAPTER 1 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02698SUBSYS_82211043&REV_A3\3&2411E6FF&0&A0
      # Adapter Name

      The Xrouter Port I am trying to talk to is

      INTERFACE=8
      TYPE=AXUDP
      MTU=256
      ENDINTERFACE

      PORT=10
      ID=AXUDP link to PMS2
      INTERFACENUM=8
      UDPLOCAL=93
      UDPREMOTE=93
      IPLINK=192.168.0.75
      MINQUAL=10
      FRACK 2000
      RESPTIME=200
      RFBAUDS=56000 ; controls TCP window/nodes broadcasts
      QUALITY=0 ; disable all L3/L4 on this port
      NODESINTERVAL=60
      CFLAGS=15 ; allow up/down links/stop L3RTT
      MAXHOPS=0 ; limits time domain horizon to 2 hops
      MAXTT=0 ; limits time domain horizon
      PROXY=GB7SOU,BBSSOU
      MHEARD=10
      SYSOP=1

      Any idea's on a cure?

      Keith Ray G1GXB
    • dshults
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
        Keith,
        Install Ethereal (now called Wireshark), then run BPQAdapters.

        73, Duane N7QDN

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Ray" <G1GXB@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to use BPQ32 and Sally Software to talk to another
        > computer running Xrouter and FBB software. The BPQ32 and Sally
        > Software are running in Vista Ultimate SP1 and Xrouter
        > plus FBB in Windows 98 SE. I have got BPQ32 running with 1 AXIP Port
        > and the Switch is interfacing with Sally OK but I cant get the port
        > see or comunicate with Xrouter. I think the problem may be in the
        > BPQEther.cnf and the Adaptor name. I have run BPQAdapters.exe
        > but it produces an error report in Vista "The procedure entry point
        > PacketGetRead Event could not be located in the dynamic link library
        > Packet.dll". The name I tried to use is from the
        > System Information.
        >

        > # BPQ Port 1
        >

        > TXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI
        > RXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI
        >
        > TYPE 1 08FF # Ethernet Type
        >
        > DEST 1 00-20-AF-E5-10-4F # Target Ethernet Addr -
        Multicast
        > as used in DOS BPQCODE
        >
        > SOURCE 1 00-1E-8C-D6-51-AB # Source Ethernet Addr
        >
        > ADAPTER 1 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02698SUBSYS_82211043&REV_A3
        \3&2411E6FF&0&A0
        > # Adapter Name
        >
        > The Xrouter Port I am trying to talk to is
        >
        > INTERFACE=8
        > TYPE=AXUDP
        > MTU=256
        > ENDINTERFACE
        >

        > PORT=10
        > ID=AXUDP link to PMS2
        > INTERFACENUM=8
        > UDPLOCAL=93
        > UDPREMOTE=93
        > IPLINK=192.168.0.75
        > MINQUAL=10
        > FRACK 2000
        > RESPTIME=200
        > RFBAUDS=56000 ; controls TCP window/nodes broadcasts
        > QUALITY=0 ; disable all L3/L4 on this port
        > NODESINTERVAL=60
        > CFLAGS=15 ; allow up/down links/stop L3RTT
        > MAXHOPS=0 ; limits time domain horizon to 2 hops
        > MAXTT=0 ; limits time domain horizon
        > PROXY=GB7SOU,BBSSOU
        > MHEARD=10
        > SYSOP=1
        >
        > Any idea's on a cure?
        >
        > Keith Ray G1GXB

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
          Hi Keith,

          I link two BPQ32 Nodes plus a FlexNet Digi here on the LAN at my QTH.

          I have also linked BPQ32 to an XRouter Node in the past (both were also
          on the LAN here).
          The BPQ32 Node(s) run on XP machines. The XRouter Node ran on a 98SE
          machine.

          To do this I used the AXIP setup in BPQ32. There is no need to run the
          Ethernet driver in BPQ32. Just setup an AXIP port in BPQ32 and point the
          Node to the XRouter IP address using the BPQAXIP cfg file.

          I also use this method to link to other Nodes around the world.

          - Mark K2CAN

          Keith Ray wrote:

          > I am trying to use BPQ32 and Sally Software to talk to another
          > computer running Xrouter and FBB software. The BPQ32 and Sally
          > Software are running in Vista Ultimate SP1 and Xrouter
          > plus FBB in Windows 98 SE. I have got BPQ32 running with 1 AXIP Port
          > and the Switch is interfacing with Sally OK but I cant get the port to
          > see or comunicate with Xrouter. I think the problem may be in the
          > BPQEther.cnf and the Adaptor name. I have run BPQAdapters.exe
          > but it produces an error report in Vista "The procedure entry point
          > PacketGetRead Event could not be located in the dynamic link library
          > Packet.dll". The name I tried to use is from the
          > System Information.
          >
          > # BPQ Port 1
          >
          > TXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI
          > RXMODE 1 BPQ # BPQ or RLI
          >
          > TYPE 1 08FF # Ethernet Type
          >
          > DEST 1 00-20-AF-E5-10-4F # Target Ethernet Addr - Multicast
          > as used in DOS BPQCODE
          >
          > SOURCE 1 00-1E-8C-D6-51-AB # Source Ethernet Addr
          >
          > ADAPTER 1 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_02698SUBSYS_82211043&REV_A3\3&2411E6FF&0&A0
          > # Adapter Name
          >
          > The Xrouter Port I am trying to talk to is
          >
          > INTERFACE=8
          > TYPE=AXUDP
          > MTU=256
          > ENDINTERFACE
          >
          > PORT=10
          > ID=AXUDP link to PMS2
          > INTERFACENUM=8
          > UDPLOCAL=93
          > UDPREMOTE=93
          > IPLINK=192.168.0.75
          > MINQUAL=10
          > FRACK 2000
          > RESPTIME=200
          > RFBAUDS=56000 ; controls TCP window/nodes broadcasts
          > QUALITY=0 ; disable all L3/L4 on this port
          > NODESINTERVAL=60
          > CFLAGS=15 ; allow up/down links/stop L3RTT
          > MAXHOPS=0 ; limits time domain horizon to 2 hops
          > MAXTT=0 ; limits time domain horizon
          > PROXY=GB7SOU,BBSSOU
          > MHEARD=10
          > SYSOP=1
          >
          > Any idea's on a cure?
          >
          > Keith Ray G1GXB

        • Keith Ray
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2008
            Hi All
                Thanks for your help Mark K2CAN and Duane N7QDN, problem resolved. Error on my behalf I'm afraid, I had Xrouter Port RX/TX on UDP Port 93 and BPQ32 RX/TX on UDP Port 10093.
            Once again Thanks Very Much
            Keith G1GXB