RE: [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23 11:00 AM

      I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
      0 I would think he would not end up
      In the nodes table?

      Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and would
      that help?

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 23 11:17 AM
        The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

        He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

        I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this connected state, and stop the pinging.

        Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
        I this my lot in life, hi hi

        Thanks for the time spent on this.

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23 11:21 AM
          I am sure it means nothing but he is running:

          wq6n-linux.ampr.org

          Most annoying..

          Bye

          Mike

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 23 11:26 AM
            Mike,

            It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is being reloaded from that.

            73, John

            The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

            He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

            I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this connected state, and stop the pinging.

            Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
            I this my lot in life, hi hi

            Thanks for the time spent on this.

            Mike

            > I would think
            direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
            > 0 I would think he
            would not end up

            Message-----
            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On

            To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

            Mike,

            > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is
            wrong.
            > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to
            ignore
            > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is
            an
            > indirect link to him via another node.

            [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

            > Thanks.

            tried it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I
            > did find.
            However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he
            > appears in the
            nodes table.

            > I was hoping to prevent it from even showing
            up.

            > Users tend to see something and they try to
            connect.

            > Thanks for the time on this,

            Mike

            www.n9pmo.com

            "n" command at my switch.

            > > Or since he is a direct
            path, I am stuck with his node
            > broadcast?

            Thanks, Mike

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 23 11:33 AM
              I have done that. Doing so again.

              Doesn't seem to have much affect. But will watch it again this time around.

              This in bpq.cfg

              ROUTES:
              KC6XXX-3,0,2 ;
              KC6XXX-1,0,2 ;

              I added the -1 route bas I think he has that going somewhere else, just in case. I can do a direct connect to the -3, the BBS.
              The -1 is weak at best, and I have no idae what it is.

              The worst part is my system sends him the "keep alive" to the -3 call and he treats it as a connect and we ping back and forth.

              Thanks.

              Mike

              > Mike,
              >
              > It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth
              > closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is
              > being reloaded from that.
              >
              > 73, John
              >

              > _____

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 23 11:36 AM
                This what occurs about one minute after re-boot with a clear nodes table

                18:33:24T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

                18:33:26R KC6IKE-3>XE2BNC-2 Port=4 <I C S0 R0>: SAW:KC6IKE-3 Welcome to wq6n-linux.ampr.org network node Type ? for a list of commands. help <commandname> gives a description of the named command. --

                18:33:28T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:32T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:36T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:44T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:48T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:52T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                18:33:56T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

                and on and on and on.............

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 23 11:37 AM
                  Is his call really kc6xxx?

                  John

                  _____

                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
                  > Sent: 23 August 2013 19:18
                  > To:
                  > Subject:
                  [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

                  > The
                  "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks

                  it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying.
                  > Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops
                  out, then it
                  > will start all over again.
                  >
                  > He is running
                  some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a
                  > node. All
                  I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly

                  pinging him to see if he is alive.

                  > I would live with him
                  appearing if we would not get into this connected
                  > state, and stop the
                  pinging.

                  > Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being
                  listed?
                  > I this my lot in life, hi hi
                  >
                  > Thanks for the
                  time spent on this.

                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
                  wrote:

                  > > John
                  > >
                  > > I would think
                  direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
                  > > 0 I would think
                  he would not end up

                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                  > > Behalf Of John
                  Wiseman
                  > > Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:35 PM
                  > > To:
                  > > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re:
                  Node lockout

                  > > Mike,
                  > >
                  > > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong.
                  > > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore
                  > > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an
                  > > indirect link to him via another node.
                  > >
                  > > 73,
                  John

                  > > From:
                  lockout

                  ;

                  > > > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port
                  the Node is heard on, by
                  > > setting quality
                  > > > to 0, no
                  connection from
                  > > > That node can be made to your node.
                  > > >
                  > > > Save bpq32.cfg

                  Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

                  > > > 73
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike N9PMO
                  > > > www.n9pmo.com

                  lockout

                  > > > Been through the
                  docs but a bit confusing.

                  > > > I have a VHF port
                  that has a particular node call that is not a
                  > > reliable
                  > > > connect.
                  > > >
                  > > > Is there anyway to stop that
                  call sign from even appearing in
                  > > my nodes table

                  when a user does a "n" command at my switch.

                  > > > Or since he is a direct path, I am stuck with his node

                  broadcast?

                  > > > Thanks, Mike

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 23 11:41 AM
                    Mike

                    In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:

                    NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)

                    As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
                    is not running, in the
                    View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
                    the file named
                    BPQNODES.dat

                    Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
                    Band openings.

                    This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
                    have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
                    My RF ports.

                    Mike N9PMO
                    The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his
                    station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to"
                    etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one
                    side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

                    He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its
                    call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and
                    BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

                    I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this
                    connected state, and stop the pinging.

                    Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
                    I this my lot in life, hi hi

                    Thanks for the time spent on this.

                    Mike

                    > I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality
                    is
                    > 0 I would think he would not end up
                    > In the nodes table?
                    >
                    > Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and
                    would
                    > that help?
                    >
                    > Mike N9PMO
                    > www.n9pmo.com

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 23 12:02 PM
                      No, trying not to directly indicate someone who was there long before I came on channel.

                      Mike

                      > Is his call really kc6xxx?

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 23 12:06 PM
                        Ok have done so and will see what happens.

                        Thanks

                        > Mike
                        >
                        > In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:
                        >
                        > NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)
                        >
                        > As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
                        > is not running, in the
                        > View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
                        > the file named
                        > BPQNODES.dat
                        >
                        > Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
                        > Band openings.
                        >
                        > This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
                        > have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
                        > My RF ports.
                        >
                        > Mike N9PMO
                        > www.n9pmo.com

                      • Mike
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 23 12:24 PM
                          And they all lived happily ever after..........

                          That fixed the issue. Will ensure that is added to any future RF ports.

                          I am now a good neighbor. Thanks to both of you.

                          PS John, been 20 years but used to run early BPQ and an HF STA 30 meter port, with two local RF ports, along with W0RLI BBS.

                          Ahhhh, those were the glory days of packet!

                          Adios and again thanks !!

                          Mike xe2/n6kzb