Re: Node lockout

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
      Thanks.

      I tried it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I did find. However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he appears in the nodes table.

      I was hoping to prevent it from even showing up.

      Users tend to see something and they try to connect.

      Thanks for the time on this,

      Mike

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
        Mike,

        If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong. Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an indirect link to him via another node.

        73, John

        I tried it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I did find. However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he appears in the nodes table.

        I was hoping to prevent it from even showing up.

        Users tend to see something and they try to connect.

        Thanks for the time on this,

        Mike

        > Mike
        >
        > In
        bpq32.cfg/Locked Routes the following is an example:

        > ROUTES: ;
        Locked routes
        > KBXXX-5,0,2 ;
        >
        > Node Call & SSID,
        Quality (0), Port the Node is heard on, by setting quality
        > to 0, no
        connection from
        > That node can be made to your node.

        Save bpq32.cfg

        > Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

        73

        > Mike N9PMO
        > www.n9pmo.com

        > I have a VHF port that has a particular node
        call that is not a reliable
        > connect.
        >
        > Is there anyway
        to stop that call sign from even appearing in my nodes table
        > when a user
        does a "n" command at my switch.

        > Or since he is a direct path,
        I am stuck with his node broadcast?

        > Thanks,
        Mike

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013

          I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
          0 I would think he would not end up
          In the nodes table?

          Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and would
          that help?

          Mike N9PMO

          I tried it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I
          did find. However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he
          appears in the nodes table.

          I was hoping to prevent it from even showing up.

          Users tend to see something and they try to connect.

          Thanks for the time on this,

          Mike

          > Mike
          >
          > In bpq32.cfg/Locked Routes the following is an example:
          >
          > ROUTES: ; Locked routes
          > KBXXX-5,0,2 ;
          >
          > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port the Node is heard on, by
          setting quality
          > to 0, no connection from
          > That node can be made to your node.
          >
          > Save bpq32.cfg
          >
          > Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.
          >
          > 73
          >
          > Mike N9PMO
          > www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
            The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

            He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

            I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this connected state, and stop the pinging.

            Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
            I this my lot in life, hi hi

            Thanks for the time spent on this.

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
              I am sure it means nothing but he is running:

              wq6n-linux.ampr.org

              Most annoying..

              Bye

              Mike

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                Mike,

                It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is being reloaded from that.

                73, John

                The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

                He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

                I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this connected state, and stop the pinging.

                Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
                I this my lot in life, hi hi

                Thanks for the time spent on this.

                Mike

                > I would think
                direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
                > 0 I would think he
                would not end up

                Message-----

                To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                Mike,

                > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is
                wrong.
                > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to
                ignore
                > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is
                an
                > indirect link to him via another node.

                [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

                > Thanks.

                tried it, and I though that is also what the docs indicated I
                > did find.
                However once the station does his nodes broadcast, he
                > appears in the
                nodes table.

                > I was hoping to prevent it from even showing
                up.

                > Users tend to see something and they try to
                connect.

                > Thanks for the time on this,

                Mike

                www.n9pmo.com

                "n" command at my switch.

                > > Or since he is a direct
                path, I am stuck with his node
                > broadcast?

                Thanks, Mike

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                  I have done that. Doing so again.

                  Doesn't seem to have much affect. But will watch it again this time around.

                  This in bpq.cfg

                  ROUTES:
                  KC6XXX-3,0,2 ;
                  KC6XXX-1,0,2 ;

                  I added the -1 route bas I think he has that going somewhere else, just in case. I can do a direct connect to the -3, the BBS.
                  The -1 is weak at best, and I have no idae what it is.

                  The worst part is my system sends him the "keep alive" to the -3 call and he treats it as a connect and we ping back and forth.

                  Thanks.

                  Mike

                  > Mike,
                  >
                  > It should do what you want. Double check your config. Also it is worth
                  > closing down your node and deleting BPQNODES.dat. It is possible the node is
                  > being reloaded from that.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >

                  > _____

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                    This what occurs about one minute after re-boot with a clear nodes table

                    18:33:24T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

                    18:33:26R KC6IKE-3>XE2BNC-2 Port=4 <I C S0 R0>: SAW:KC6IKE-3 Welcome to wq6n-linux.ampr.org network node Type ? for a list of commands. help <commandname> gives a description of the named command. --

                    18:33:28T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:32T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:36T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:44T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:48T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:52T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>
                    18:33:56T XE2BNC-2>KC6IKE-3 Port=4 <C C P>

                    and on and on and on.............

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                      Is his call really kc6xxx?

                      John

                      _____

                      [BPQ32] Re: Node lockout

                      > The
                      "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his station thinks

                      it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to" etc etc, very annoying.
                      > Both stations stay connected until one side or the other drops
                      out, then it
                      > will start all over again.
                      >
                      > He is running
                      some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its call as a
                      > node. All
                      I want is for his station not to appear and BPQ to stop constantly

                      pinging him to see if he is alive.

                      > I would live with him
                      appearing if we would not get into this connected
                      > state, and stop the
                      pinging.

                      > Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being
                      listed?
                      > I this my lot in life, hi hi
                      >
                      > Thanks for the
                      time spent on this.

                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"
                      wrote:

                      > > John
                      > >
                      > > I would think
                      direct/indirect if the node in question quality is
                      > > 0 I would think
                      he would not end up

                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                      > > Behalf Of John
                      Wiseman
                      > > Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 12:35 PM
                      > > To:
                      > > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re:
                      Node lockout

                      > > Mike,
                      > >
                      > > If he is appearing a a direct route , the config is wrong.
                      > > Setting a route quality to zero will cause your system to ignore
                      > > his nodes broadcast. He may still appear in NODES if there is an
                      > > indirect link to him via another node.
                      > >
                      > > 73,
                      John

                      > > From:
                      lockout

                      ;

                      > > > Node Call & SSID, Quality (0), Port
                      the Node is heard on, by
                      > > setting quality
                      > > > to 0, no
                      connection from
                      > > > That node can be made to your node.
                      > > >
                      > > > Save bpq32.cfg

                      Clear Nodes Re-Read bpq32cfg.

                      > > > 73
                      > > >
                      > > > Mike N9PMO
                      > > > www.n9pmo.com

                      lockout

                      > > > Been through the
                      docs but a bit confusing.

                      > > > I have a VHF port
                      that has a particular node call that is not a
                      > > reliable
                      > > > connect.
                      > > >
                      > > > Is there anyway to stop that
                      call sign from even appearing in
                      > > my nodes table

                      when a user does a "n" command at my switch.

                      > > > Or since he is a direct path, I am stuck with his node

                      broadcast?

                      > > > Thanks, Mike

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                        Mike

                        In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:

                        NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)

                        As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
                        is not running, in the
                        View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
                        the file named
                        BPQNODES.dat

                        Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
                        Band openings.

                        This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
                        have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
                        My RF ports.

                        Mike N9PMO
                        The "keepali" keeps sending to the call and when it does, his
                        station thinks it is a connect, so it responds with "welcome to"
                        etc etc, very annoying. Both stations stay connected until one
                        side or the other drops out, then it will start all over again.

                        He is running some Jnos variant as a BBS with it broadcasting its
                        call as a node. All I want is for his station not to appear and
                        BPQ to stop constantly pinging him to see if he is alive.

                        I would live with him appearing if we would not get into this
                        connected state, and stop the pinging.

                        Any thing I can do, or am I stuck with his being listed?
                        I this my lot in life, hi hi

                        Thanks for the time spent on this.

                        Mike

                        > I would think direct/indirect if the node in question quality
                        is
                        > 0 I would think he would not end up
                        > In the nodes table?
                        >
                        > Can a wild card (*) in place of the nodes SSID be used and
                        would
                        > that help?
                        >
                        > Mike N9PMO
                        > www.n9pmo.com

                      • Mike
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                          No, trying not to directly indicate someone who was there long before I came on channel.

                          Mike

                          > Is his call really kc6xxx?

                        • Mike
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                            Ok have done so and will see what happens.

                            Thanks

                            > Mike
                            >
                            > In the RF port or all RF ports add the following:
                            >
                            > NOKEEPALIVES=1 (yes the S is included)
                            >
                            > As John suggested, exit all BPQ32 programs, make sure BPQ32.EXE
                            > is not running, in the
                            > View Configuration folder where the bpq32.cfg is located, delete
                            > the file named
                            > BPQNODES.dat
                            >
                            > Restart programs as usual, I was having the polling problem with
                            > Band openings.
                            >
                            > This should solve the polling problem between net rom systems, I
                            > have the NOKEEPALIVES=1 in all of
                            > My RF ports.
                            >
                            > Mike N9PMO
                            > www.n9pmo.com

                          • Mike
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
                              And they all lived happily ever after..........

                              That fixed the issue. Will ensure that is added to any future RF ports.

                              I am now a good neighbor. Thanks to both of you.

                              PS John, been 20 years but used to run early BPQ and an HF STA 30 meter port, with two local RF ports, along with W0RLI BBS.

                              Ahhhh, those were the glory days of packet!

                              Adios and again thanks !!

                              Mike xe2/n6kzb