RE: [BPQ32] RMS Trimode

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 18, 2013

      Mark

                      As far as I can tell there is no BPQ interface for RMS Trimode. One advantage of RMS Tri Mode it that it can respond to Pactor and/or WINMOR and/or Robust Packet using one HF radio. I do not believe this is possible with BPQ. Also RMS Tri Mode can be used with RMS Relay where BPQ does not have that capability.

      73 Bill

      9ACQ

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 18, 2013

        Mark send me your config file.. I will look it over and see if I can get you set..  send offlist my email is good on QRZ..

        BPQ will respond to RMS and Regular BBS traffic on all these modes as well.

        Include some info radio and TNC for Pactor Robust packet and soundcard device for Winmor..

        Why add more software when its not needed.    73 Jerry N9LYA

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 19, 2013
          Mark,

          BPQ32 can run WINMOR, Pactor and Robust Packet on the same radio, and unlike RMS Trimode, you can run Robust Packet as well as Pactor on some models of SCS PTC controllers as well as the SCS Tracker.

          Info on configuring the BPQ <> CMS Gateway is in document  You don't need to run RMS Packet.

          See section "BPQ32 to CMS Gateway"

          WINMOR and Robust Packet Users can connect to the CMS by connecting to the call specified in the APPLICATION line

          PACTOR  only accepts connects to one callsign, so with the current code calls can go to either the BBS or CMS. This is specifcied in the Pactor PORT config.
          I'm currently testing a system that routes calls according to frequency, so if you are scanning some frequencies can be for the BBS and others for CMS.

          Information on reporting to the WL2K database, so you appear in their frequency lists, is at

          I haven't seen any technical documentation on MPS, so I don't know how to integrate with that system.

          73, John

          Then I am not sure how to set it up for that then. I do use BPQ32 for
          inbound connections on pactor and winmor to the BBS, and use BPQ32 for
          inbound connects on packet to the bbs and to RMS Packet. But, I have never
          acted as a RMS gateway on HF.

          How do I set it up to accept pactor and winmor connects to WL2K? How do I
          get listed on the pactor and winmor station list at winlink.org? And how
          can I get set up to be a MPS station?

          Thanks
          Mark

          > You could just use BPQ32 to do the
          same thing. I do. 73 Jerry

          [BPQ32] RMS Trimode

          > I am looking
          into using RMS Trimode. I want to be sure you can use it in
          > conjunction
          with BPQ32. My intent is to use it for incoming pactor,
          > winmor,

          and robust packet WL2K connections. Does it seamlessly interface with

          BPQ32
          > on windows similar to RMS Packet?
          >
          > Any words of
          wisdom out there?

          > Thanks

          Mark

        • Mark Taylor
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 19, 2013
            Thanks John. I seldom use the telnet server so had not looked at that
            document for several years. This may be just what I need.

            Mark

          • Mark Taylor
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 20, 2013
              Thanks John, this was just the ticket to fix it up. Everything is working
              great with one exception.

              On the WL2K Reporting lines for packet I clearly have PKT1200 yet on the
              winlink.org map it shows Packet / Packet 2400

              On the report at winlink.org it shows Packet 1200 correctly.

              Maybe I missed something in the docs?

              Mark

            • n6kzb
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013

                 I do not know if you got a response, this new yahoo groups is all messed up, hi hi

                You might want to winlink email  ke7xo.

                He runs BPQ, Trimode, Relay et all on systems at his station in Las Vegas.

                Know s a lot, and is even a nice guy.

                Mike

                xe2/n6kzb

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 29, 2013

                  Why not just use BPQ32 or one of the Linux versions of BPQ..?

                  One system one software!!

                  73 Jerry N9LYA