Re: [BPQ32] FBB

  • Peter Mallett
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
      David Calder n4zkf wrote:
      Back to WinFBB 7.00g and BPQ 4.09b on 98SE. Only problem I see is someone using
      dyndns. It won't use that, you have to have an IP for a telnet forward.

      It's been running all day on 20 Meters just fine. Best connects I have had in 2 months.

      6 machines in this room running from Windows 2008 to 2003 Enterprise server and I
      still like 98 on FBB. Go figure.

      Dave n4zkf
      Hi Dave,

                   Use Porttunnel which I have used for many years and works 100 percent with FBB and Win98SE.

      You map your Dynamic host to your static IP you set for FBB on your local LAN.

      You can get porttunnel here.

      http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=18

      Regards ..... Peter

    • David Calder n4zkf
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
        I have a static IP. It's the people I'm trying to forward with that don't.

        Thanks, Dave
        n4zkf

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008
          David Calder n4zkf wrote:
          I have a static IP. It's the people I'm trying to forward with that don't.

          Thanks, Dave
          n4zkf
          _,_._,___

          Hi Dave,

                       Porttunnel allows you to forward to partners with a Dynamic IP.

          Regards ..... Peter

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 28, 2008

            Dave

            For 7.00e you need to use a port mapper, FBBDNS or AnalogX Port Mapper, this will change a selected local

            Port convert into the remote host (DNS) and remote port.

            Downloadable from my web site:

            http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

            I thought I placed the FBBDNS Port Mapper in the files section on the BPQ Reflector, I will be more then happy to send

            It to you .

            Mike Melnik

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29, 2008
              Great. Thanks!