RE: [BPQ32] FBB

  • David Calder n4zkf
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28 3:49 PM
      Back to WinFBB 7.00g and BPQ 4.09b on 98SE. Only problem I see is someone using
      dyndns. It won't use that, you have to have an IP for a telnet forward.

      It's been running all day on 20 Meters just fine. Best connects I have had in 2 months.

      6 machines in this room running from Windows 2008 to 2003 Enterprise server and I
      still like 98 on FBB. Go figure.

      Dave n4zkf

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 28 4:58 PM
        David Calder n4zkf wrote:
        Back to WinFBB 7.00g and BPQ 4.09b on 98SE. Only problem I see is someone using
        dyndns. It won't use that, you have to have an IP for a telnet forward.

        It's been running all day on 20 Meters just fine. Best connects I have had in 2 months.

        6 machines in this room running from Windows 2008 to 2003 Enterprise server and I
        still like 98 on FBB. Go figure.

        Dave n4zkf
        Hi Dave,

                     Use Porttunnel which I have used for many years and works 100 percent with FBB and Win98SE.

        You map your Dynamic host to your static IP you set for FBB on your local LAN.

        You can get porttunnel here.

        http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=18

        Regards ..... Peter

      • David Calder n4zkf
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 28 5:41 PM
          I have a static IP. It's the people I'm trying to forward with that don't.

          Thanks, Dave

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 28 6:00 PM
            David Calder n4zkf wrote:
            I have a static IP. It's the people I'm trying to forward with that don't.

            Thanks, Dave
            n4zkf
            _,_._,___

            Hi Dave,

                         Porttunnel allows you to forward to partners with a Dynamic IP.

            Regards ..... Peter

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 28 6:19 PM

              Dave

              For 7.00e you need to use a port mapper, FBBDNS or AnalogX Port Mapper, this will change a selected local

              Port convert into the remote host (DNS) and remote port.

              Downloadable from my web site:

              http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

              I thought I placed the FBBDNS Port Mapper in the files section on the BPQ Reflector, I will be more then happy to send

              It to you .

              Mike Melnik

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 29 4:45 AM
                Great. Thanks!