Re: LINBPQ Crashes When Using Web Interface

  • UncleBonzi
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 30 10:21 AM
      It did and now I am work so it is going to wait until I get home with the dynamite....sigh.

      73 Y'all

      Progress not perfection

      > I'd leave it alone unless it fails again.

    • Dave Webb
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2013
        I have also been having trouble with my MARS node crashing about once a
        week.
        It seems to be happening when I am using the HTML input to control my
        system remotely but it has also happen when a user access the CMS using
        Winmor.
        Nothing is recorded in the logs except for an incomplete connection
        entry at the time of the crash.

        This system has been running for several years now and I had a lot of
        unnecessary files in the BPQ32 directory so I completely uninstalled the
        entire program including deleting all registry entries and reinstall
        with the latest version using the split directories that is now being
        used. The only thing the same is the config file. After a week it just
        crashed again.

        Another MARS sysop has also been experiencing crashes and he backed off
        to an older version but I cannot do that now with the new CMS requirements.

        73
        Dave
        WB2HVF
      • wavetel1
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 3, 2013
          This is starting to sound familiar. A few months ago I was experiencing similar issues with BPQ32 crashing after signing into the web interface in XP . It came down to Browsers. Firefox 16 or 17 was the problem. I found using IE was fine . Not my favorite browser by any means but it begs the questions . What browser are you using and have you tried others ? Perhaps its not related at all.

          Tony VK5AH

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

          > I have also been having trouble with my MARS node crashing about once a
          > week.
          > It seems to be happening when I am using the HTML input to control my
          > system remotely but it has also happen when a user access the CMS using
          > Winmor.
          > Nothing is recorded in the logs except for an incomplete connection
          > entry at the time of the crash.
          >
          > This system has been running for several years now and I had a lot of
          > unnecessary files in the BPQ32 directory so I completely uninstalled the
          > entire program including deleting all registry entries and reinstall
          > with the latest version using the split directories that is now being
          > used. The only thing the same is the config file. After a week it just
          > crashed again.
          >
          > Another MARS sysop has also been experiencing crashes and he backed off
          > to an older version but I cannot do that now with the new CMS requirements.
          >
          > 73
          > Dave
          > WB2HVF

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 3, 2013
            Tony & Dave

            I have used IE 7 & 8 as well as Google Chrome with no problems, if I recall
            correctly in version
            5 of BPQ32 there was a minor problem with the HTTP Server.

            Now the important question, do both of you have the HTTP= Port in your
            Router/Firewall open?

            As far as the Winmor problem, John or someone familiar with Winmor will need
            to help you.

            Try mine: http://n9pmo.dyndns.org:81/Node/Nodes.htmll or www.n9pmo.com

            Mike N9PMO

            This is starting to sound familiar. A few months ago I was experiencing
            similar issues with BPQ32 crashing after signing into the web interface in
            XP . It came down to Browsers. Firefox 16 or 17 was the problem. I found
            using IE was fine . Not my favorite browser by any means but it begs the
            questions . What browser are you using and have you tried others ? Perhaps
            its not related at all.

            Tony VK5AH

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave Webb <druliefw@...> wrote:

            > I have also been having trouble with my MARS node crashing about once a
            > week.
            > It seems to be happening when I am using the HTML input to control my
            > system remotely but it has also happen when a user access the CMS using
            > Winmor.
            > Nothing is recorded in the logs except for an incomplete connection
            > entry at the time of the crash.
            >
            > This system has been running for several years now and I had a lot of
            > unnecessary files in the BPQ32 directory so I completely uninstalled the
            > entire program including deleting all registry entries and reinstall
            > with the latest version using the split directories that is now being
            > used. The only thing the same is the config file. After a week it just
            > crashed again.
            >
            > Another MARS sysop has also been experiencing crashes and he backed off
            > to an older version but I cannot do that now with the new CMS
            requirements.

            > 73
            > Dave
            > WB2HVF

          • Dave Webb
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 3, 2013
              Jim, Tony and Mike

              Jim, I have tried to load Linux on that computer, which is about 10
              years old, and it wasn't strong enough. I'd have to find an older
              version. That would also create considerable down time for the BBS which
              would be unacceptable for my users. Thanks for the insight.

              Tony and Mike, I am using Firefox 22 to access the HTML port, which by
              the way does have it's own defined port which is open in the firewall as
              well as the router.
              Does this mean that if I use my Firefox to access Mike's board, will
              that also eventually crash it?

              As far as Winmor is concerned, that has only happened once since I
              upgraded to the latest version, I need to see it again before I become
              overly concerned. Once prior to my upgrade it only took out the bbs and
              left the node running and that was addressed in a previous thread. The
              Winmor BBS port is AFC2MC on MARS designator TAC. The CMS port is
              AFC2MC-10, same frequency. (FN20mb)
              I also have a Pactor I port for the BBS only on TPE.

              Thanks for the replies.
              73
              Dave

              If any MARS member wants the IP address, please send me an email direct.
            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 3, 2013
                Dave

                It sound like it is firefox problem, don't worry if my BPQ BBS crashes, I
                monitor it a lot, and so feel free
                To try it, this will be helpful to John if there is a problem with BPQ HTTP
                Server.

                Mike N9PMO

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 3, 2013
                  OK gang, crash resolved after much hair pulling.

                  It seems I had a conflict between Users/Forwarding mail configuration. Basically the Home BBS setting was causing instant forwarding loops. The result was BPQ either quit immediately or would send a message over and over and .... For those that are familiar with Highlander, there can be only one. Additional had to really look at what I was forwarding. Essentially my system did not know whether to fish or cut bait.

                  That's really the short story of what happened, in truth it took around ten hours to resolve.

                  Many thanks to KF4LLF for his untiring support in resolving this.

                  ON to the next issue... Different thread of course.

                  73, Y'all

                  Progress not perfection

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "UncleBonzi" <aj4gr@...> wrote:

                  > Location: Mail Server Pages>Forwarding
                  >
                  > Action that causes crash, always:
                  >
                  > When I click on Start Forwarding...
                  > Software locks up and I see this in a terminal window.
                  >
                  > [1]+ Segmentation fault ./linbpq
                  >
                  > Here are the last 10 lines of syslog - there is no indication of anything anywhere else in syslog, it just locks up.
                  >
                  > pi@AJ4GR-Pi ~/linbpq $ tail -f /var/log/syslog
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: Maint Clock 1375218000 NOW 1375192907 Time to HouseKeeping 25093#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: CMS #0 199.73.55.101 Official name : winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: CMS #1 212.69.162.229 Official name : wien.winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: CMS #2 174.46.122.124 Official name : brentwood.winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: CMS #3 71.7.139.22 Official name : halifax.winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: CMS #4 116.212.194.60 Official name : perth.winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:47 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: AXIP Resolve complete - pausing#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:53 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: Resolving www.winlink.org#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:53 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: Sending 06'AJ4GR-10', 'AJ4GR', 'FM03mp', 145010000, 1, 1200, 60, 15, 0, 000, '00-23', 1, 'PUBLIC'#015
                  > Jul 30 10:01:53 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: Sending 00,AJ4GR-10,BPQ32,6.0.3.1#015
                  > Jul 30 10:02:42 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 809 APRS Queues 0 0#015
                  > Jul 30 10:03:37 AJ4GR-Pi LINBPQ[3242]: BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 807 APRS Queues 0 0#015
                  > [1]+ Segmentation fault ./linbpq
                  >

                  > Any thoughts....any one???
                  >
                  > My next course of action is to download a fresh copy of the software and HTMLPages.zip and install over everything.
                  >
                  > Yes, I have a copy of my bpq32.cfg in a different location :)
                  >
                  > 73 Y'all
                  >
                  > Progress not perfection

                • Charles Brabham
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 4, 2013
                    Am looking for a simple PMS for BPQ32, preferably no more complicated than a TNC's built-in mailbox.

                    Any recommendations? Prefer fee, open-source software but will consider others.

                    Have looked at Sally, which is a bit much and NPG, which has no English docs.

                    73 DE Charles, N5PVL
                  • Dave Webb
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 5, 2013
                      On 8/3/2013 11:46 AM, Mike wrote:

                      Dave

                      It sound like it is firefox problem, don't worry if my BPQ BBS crashes, I
                      monitor it a lot, and so feel free
                      To try it, this will be helpful to John if there is a problem with BPQ HTTP
                      Server.

                      Everything went well using both Firefox and Chrome.
                      I just crashed again. Looking at the logs, a Winmor user accessed the CMS sent a message, then sent his <FF> of which the reply never came back or the CMS telnet locked up. Never got the <FQ>.

                      Later my BBS tried to do it's hourly poll of the CMS and I believe this is where the node locked up.
                      See logs below
                      73
                      Dave
                      AFA2HV

                      CMS Log.

                      13:49:12 10 ;SQ: 14123464
                      13:49:12 10 ;SR: 67767208 0 0
                      13:49:13 10 [WL2K-2.7.8.0-B2FWIHJM$]<cr>
                      13:49:13 10 ;PQ: 23537754<cr>
                      13:49:13 10 Perth CMS via AFC2MC ><cr>
                      13:49:14 10 ;FW: AFA2HV<cr>
                      13:49:14 10 [BPQ-1.4.56.1-B2FIHJM$]<cr>
                      13:49:14 10 FF<cr>
                      13:49:14 10 FQ<cr>
                      13:49:14 10 Disconnected. Bytes Sent = 39 Bytes Received 65 Time 3 Seconds
                      14:15:30 10 AFA3RH Connected to CMS
                      14:15:31 10 Callsign :
                      14:15:31 10 AFA3RH AFC2MC
                      14:15:31 10 ;SQ: 14942706
                      14:15:31 10 ;SR: 84337950 143950000 1
                      14:15:31 10 [WL2K-2.7.8.0-B2FWIHJM$]<cr>
                      14:15:31 10 ;PQ: 06165460<cr>
                      14:15:31 10 SanDiego CMS via AFC2MC ><cr>
                      14:17:23 10 ;FW: AFA3RH W4VX AFE3VA<cr>
                      14:17:23 10 [RMS Express-1.2.13.0-B2FHM$]<cr>
                      14:17:23 10 ;PR: 38836003<cr>
                      14:17:35 10 FC EM DHTJK7PIEV6C 351 258 0<cr>
                      14:17:35 10 F> 77<cr>
                      14:17:36 10 FS Y<cr>
                      14:18:53 10 +//MARS R/NET SUMMARY NEM1 05 AUG
                      14:19:50 10 FF<cr>
                      .....................................................................END OF CMS LOG

                      Mailbox log....

                      130805 13:49:11 |RMS       Connecting to BBS RMS
                      130805 13:49:11 <RMS       *** CONNECTED
                      130805 13:49:11 >RMS       C 6 AFC2MC-10
                      130805 13:49:11 <RMS       *** AFC2MC Connected to CMS
                      130805 13:49:13 <RMS       [WL2K-2.7.8.0-B2FWIHJM$]
                      130805 13:49:13 <RMS       ;PQ: 23537754
                      130805 13:49:13 <RMS       Perth CMS via AFC2MC >
                      130805 13:49:13 >RMS       ;FW: AFA2HV
                      130805 13:49:13 >RMS       [BPQ-1.4.56.1-B2FIHJM$]
                      130805 13:49:13 >RMS       FF
                      130805 13:49:14 <RMS       FQ
                      130805 13:49:14 |RMS       RMS Disconnected
                      130805 15:49:11 |RMS       Connecting to BBS RMS
                      130805 15:49:11 <RMS       *** CONNECTED
                      130805 15:49:11 >RMS       C 6 AFC2MC-10

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 5, 2013
                        I've found a couple of issues with the WINMOR support code that can cause crashes. Hopefully I'll have a fix shortly.

                        73, John

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 5, 2013

                          Great!   Thank you
                          73