Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ backup

  • PE1RDW
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2013
      Op 22-07-13 22:04, k1jtc schreef:

      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "k1jtc" <jeffrey.t.clark@...> wrote:
      >> I thought I posted this last night but don't see it here. I wanted to find out if there is a way to creat an automatic backup BBS? I wanted everything to fail over to the backup if the primary BBS failed. Is there a way to do this with BPQ?
      >>
      >> Thanks in advance for your input.
      >>
      > I just found that Bill responded to my post last night which I didn't see. Anyway to clarify. If my computer were to blow up I want to see if there is a way to automatically switch to another computer that is setup and have that take over or am I just dreaming and I will really need to just put another computer in place as soon as possible.

      it's easy to have a second pc running with a mirror bpq setup but not
      with the same ssid, just need to connect the tnc(s) with a diode matrix,
      the 2 can forward messages to eachother to stay more or less in sync but
      there is no transparant switchover.

      73 Andre PE1RDW
    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 22, 2013

        Jerry

                        I agree with Andre. A perfect example is KF4CMJ, with two systems in the same town. Each BPQ node has RMS Packet and can run BOQ Mail and BPQ Chat, in addition to Paclink. Stations are linked via 440 at 9600.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ