BPQ32_6.0.3.1_20130720 including BPQMail, BPQChat and BPQAPRS is now available

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013

      John Wiseman, G8BPQ, has created a common code base for BPQ32 allowing both Windows (BPQ32) and Linux (LinBPQ) versions to be produced in a timely fashion.

      This release updates BPQ32.dll, BPQMail, and BPQAPRS.  A new program, WinmorControl.exe, has been added.

      BPQMail (a BBS system) and BPQChat (a Chat system) replaces BPQMailChat.  BPQMailChat is still provided, and can be used for mail, but it will be dropped in a subsequent release. The provided shortcuts for BPQMailChat actually point to BPQMail with the goal of easing the transition.

      BPQ32 now has a basic Web Interface option. This provides Browser access to some node status displays, and a simple Web Terminal for access to the Network. It can also act as Web Server for other BPQ32 Applications, such as BPQAPRS

      BPQAPRS is an APRS mapping and messaging application, first introduced in BPQ32_5.2.4.1_20120130. BPQAPRS at its current state of development is a viable replacement for UIView32 for many users and in addition is under active development to add additional capability. The BPQ32 digipeater is "New n-N Paradigm " compliant and provides enough objects to fully support the Local Info Initiative. A configuration example is provided to quickly get you 'on the air'. The BPQAPRS program provides mapping, using the on-line OpenStreetMap, as well as reliable messaging, to the degree this is possible, with the existing infrastructure.

      As a reminder, you must have all of your node configuration in BPQ32.cfg.  If you are still using the old method please read message #10713 for further details.

      Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files" part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then do a reinstall taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

      Help will be available in the users group should you have questions.

      The changelog is here:
      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#Changelog

      Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

      73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex N5IN)

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
        Thanks, Ron.

        The 6.0.3.1 versions of LinBPQ PILinBPQ and MACBPQ have been uploaded to my web site

        From now on, release versions of the linux code will be placed there. Development versions will continue to be posted to my Dropbox account

        73, John G8BPQ

[...]

        Microsoft has, since the introduction of Windows XP, recommended that an installation be split in to a "program files&qu ot; part and an "application data" part. This was not enforced in Windows XP but it is being enforced in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Many programs have been installed in the root, such as C:\Ham Programs to get around this recommendation, but the result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program' etc. If you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this release, do an uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and then do a reinstall taking all the defaults. The result will be to divide your installation properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and %appdata%\bpq32.

        Help will be available in the users group should you have questions.

        The changelog is here:
        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#Changelog

        Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless work enhancing BPQ32!

        73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex N5IN)

      • oh5rm
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
          John,

          Something strange with the version in this new address. It is not working on my PI.
          Had to take 6.0.3.1 from Dropbox, and it is working OK

          Same problem at OH7JJT

          73 Jouko OH5RM

          > Thanks, Ron.
          >
          > The 6.0.3.1 versions of LinBPQ PILinBPQ and MACBPQ have been uploaded to my
          > web site
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/pilinbpq
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/macbpq
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/BPQAPRS.zip
          >
          > From now on, release versions of the linux code will be placed there.
          > Development versions will continue to be posted to my Dropbox account
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >

          > _____

        • nl2prc
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
            Hi John

            Are the src files also availible for compiling it on my RedHat 9 machine

            73, Ascal

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
              Thanks, Jouko.

              It looks like they got uploaded as text files. I've uploaded them again, and they seem ok now.

              73, John

              href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq

              href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip

              http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/BPQAPRS.zip

              > From now on, release versions of the linux code will be placed
              there.
              > Development versions will continue to be posted to my Dropbox
              account

              > 73, John G8BPQ
              >

              > _____

              now available

              href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#

              Changelog

              > Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless
              work enhancing BPQ32!

              > 73 de Ron Stordahl, AE5E (ex
              N5IN)

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013
                Not yet. Hopfuilly will be in next day or two.

                John

                Are the src files also availible for compiling it on my RedHat 9 machine

                73, Ascal

                > Thanks, Ron.

                The 6.0.3.1 versions of LinBPQ PILinBPQ and MACBPQ have been uploaded to my
                > web site

                href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/linbpq

                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/pilinbpq

                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/macbpq

                href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/HTMLPages.zip

                http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Downloads/BPQAPRS.zip

                > From now on, release versions of the linux code will be placed
                there.
                > Development versions will continue to be posted to my Dropbox
                account

                > 73, John G8BPQ
                >

                > _____

                now available

> [...]
                the
                > result is annoying UAC popups...'do you really trust this program'
                etc. If
                > you have used this workaround, you can, after installing this
                release, do an
                > uninstall, which will preserve your configuration, and
                then do a reinstall
                > taking all the defaults. The result will be to
                divide your installation
                > properly into %programfiles%\bpq32 and
                %appdata%\bpq32.

                > Help will be available in the users group
                should you have questions.

                > The changelog is here:

                href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#

                Changelog

                > Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his tireless

                N5IN)

              • Ron Stordahl
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2013
                  Paul

                  I use AUTOADDMAP which means I only broadcast to nodes that originate a connection to me.

                  I accept connections from anyone at UDP Port 10093 AE5E-14 URL of dxspots.com.

                  Do you have NODESINTERVAL=15?

                  I have raised your quality number to 193, one higher than my default setting of 192.

                  I also rebooted as I had a number of MS security updates pending.

                  I see you just connected as PUKKIE:ZL4AX-10 with a quality of 193.

                  Ron