RMS Express to BPQ32

  • n5mdt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
      Can someone give me a hint on how to connect RMS Express to BPQ32 on the same windows machine to possibly:

      Check my own RMS Server on the same machine (a BPQ32 app)
      Check others RMS Servers using the various BPQ32 ports

      Two VHF ports, a Pactor, and a Winmor port are all on the BPQ install.

      Thanks
      Mark N5MDT
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
        Mark,

        I use a BPQ Virtual COM port to create a KISS link between RMS Express and BPQ32. You can then connect directly to your own RMS Serveer, or to other RMS Servers using the RMS Express connect script facility.

        See http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/bpqvkiss.htm for details of how to configure a BPQ32 Virtual KISS port and install the BPQ Virtual COM driver

        73, John

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
          Thanks John

          That's a start. I was trying to use BPQHostmodes in Kant mode or AGWPE and
          some loopback control among other things.

          I have a VCom set up and seems to be answering in Kiss mode, but I can't
          seem to find any documentation on the script facility of RMSE. What does a
          script look like? It will not accept a one line script, and it will not
          allow me to connect to my node first, then connect out a port as it seems
          to complete the script once the node answers with a 'CONNECTED' response.

          Mark

          > Mark,
          >
          > I use a BPQ Virtual COM port to create a KISS link between RMS Express and
          > BPQ32. You can then connect directly to your own RMS Serveer, or to other
          > RMS Servers using the RMS Express connect script facility.
          >
          > See <http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/bpqvkiss.htm>
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/bpqvkiss.htm for
          > details
          > of how to configure a BPQ32 Virtual KISS port and install the BPQ Virtual
          > COM driver
          >
          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

        • Mark Taylor
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 15, 2013
            Just found the documentation for scripts. Working fine now.

            Thanks
            Mark