RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32 Scanning

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
      Robby,

      The documentaion on using the PTC control port is a bit out of date. It should read

      Rig Control Port

      If your controller has a Rig Control Port, the it can be used by the RigControl module for frequency control. To use this feature replace COMn with PTCPORT in the RIGCONTROL line, ie:

      RIGCONTROL PTCPORT 19200 ICOM IC700 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N 10.12/L1

      You should set up your SCS with the appropriate TRX: TYPE command before running BPQ32

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2014
        John and Group.

        I have a Kenwood TS 850 S. So if I cut and paste this into CFG.
        I'm starting to understand just tad how it works. I have already added the SCS-PTC CFG info in the BPQ32.CFG. I'm going to modify the text below to what I think it should say about Rig Control for the TS 850S

        If your controller has a Rig Control Port, the
        it can be used by the RigControl module for frequency control. To use this feature replace COMn with PTCPORTin the RIGCONTROL line, ie:

        RIGCONTROL PTCPORT 19200 Kenwood TS 850S 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N 10.12/L1

        You should set up your SCS with the appropriate TRX: TYPE command before running BPQ32
        The TRX is what I'm not quite understanding..Is TX and Receive Mode?

        Don va7dgp

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014

          Don,

          TRX:TYPE is the PTC command to set the Transceiver Type.

          If you have been using the rig port on the PTC with other software it should aleady be set up.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014

            Ts 850 with not work at 19200 it only work at 4800
            Robby

            Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014
              Setting VFO is 4800. But my SCS-PTC runs at 19200.

              Learning the syntax and understanding how to set it up. I need pictures or PDF file to help me understand how it works

              Dion va7dgp

              --
              Don Poaps
              New Westminster, BC