BPQ32 Scanning

  • w5seg@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2013
      Can anyone help with the scanning on bpq32. I am using a kenwood ts450 with the control cable to a ptcii pro and it will work fine with airmail but seems to not scan at all with bpq32. Don't seem to know what else to do. I want to use this software before anything else for the bbs and nts use.

      Robby
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
        Robby,

        The documentaion on using the PTC control port is a bit out of date. It should read

        Rig Control Port

        If your controller has a Rig Control Port, the it can be used by the RigControl module for frequency control. To use this feature replace COMn with PTCPORT in the RIGCONTROL line, ie:

        RIGCONTROL PTCPORT 19200 ICOM IC700 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N 10.12/L1

        You should set up your SCS with the appropriate TRX: TYPE command before running BPQ32

        Can anyone help with the scanning on bpq32. I am using a kenwood ts450 with the control cable to a ptcii pro and it will work fine with airmail but seems to not scan at all with bpq32. Don't seem to know what else to do. I want to use this software before anything else for the bbs and nts use.

        Robby

      • truckerdon1949
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2014
          John and Group.

          I have a Kenwood TS 850 S. So if I cut and paste this into CFG.
          I'm starting to understand just tad how it works. I have already added the SCS-PTC CFG info in the BPQ32.CFG. I'm going to modify the text below to what I think it should say about Rig Control for the TS 850S

          If your controller has a Rig Control Port, the
          it can be used by the RigControl module for frequency control. To use this feature replace COMn with PTCPORTin the RIGCONTROL line, ie:

          RIGCONTROL PTCPORT 19200 Kenwood TS 850S 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N 10.12/L1

          You should set up your SCS with the appropriate TRX: TYPE command before running BPQ32
          The TRX is what I'm not quite understanding..Is TX and Receive Mode?

          Don va7dgp

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014

            Don,

            TRX:TYPE is the PTC command to set the Transceiver Type.

            If you have been using the rig port on the PTC with other software it should aleady be set up.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014

              Ts 850 with not work at 19200 it only work at 4800
              Robby

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2014
                Setting VFO is 4800. But my SCS-PTC runs at 19200.

                Learning the syntax and understanding how to set it up. I need pictures or PDF file to help me understand how it works

                Dion va7dgp

                --
                Don Poaps
                New Westminster, BC