Re: [BPQ32] Inactive Users

  • Ken Jacobs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
      Oh yes....I also believe the inactive user delete excludes stations that are set as a BBS, as I have a couple inactive BBS calls which are still on my list. So the delete function should only be for non-BBS users.

      Ken

      On 07/14/2013 06:11 PM, Mike wrote:

      K.O

      I haven't talked to John about it yet but I am guessing it only deletes
      users that are flagged as
      A BBS.

      You can have as many users logged in as you want, how ever BPQ Mail Server
      just like FBB
      Has a limit of 80 flagged BBS uses, I did check the registry and it is
      writing to the registry,
      But I am probably running a different version of BPQ32.DLL and Mail Server,
      1.4.55.6
      (testers version), the release should be out in a couple of days.

      If I am wrong about how the user day's work, I am sure John will chime in.

      73

      Mike N9PMO

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
        Thanks Ken and Mike. I would like to exclude stations that are set as a BBS as Ken describes
        below.... and apply deletion to all the others.  If that is not possible, then let it apply to ALL
        users.

        However, I have mine set at 90 days and have some very old inactive users.. and I know of NONE
        that have been deleted.

        I am using version 1.4.55.1 in Windows.

        73,  K.O. n0kfq

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
        I have just discovered something new (to me)....

        The only users that I still have that are over 90 days inactive are users that I entered myself
        and they all have a date of "Jan 1, 1970".

        So, it seems that those users that the Sysop enters are also "immune" to the "inactive user
        deletion".  And, if that is true, then that is GOOD!  I can certainly use that in my business.

        Please let me know if I am correct in this assumption..

        K.O. n0kfq

        Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2013
          K.O.

          Users without a "Last Connected" time (displayed as Jan 1, 1970) are not deleted. So a Sysop-entered user will not be deleted immediately. But if they subsequently connect, they will be subject to the normal deletion rules.

          BBS users are never deleted - it would be quite possible for an active BBS never to connect to you - if you always connect to them.

          The deletion process only occurs when the BBS is first loaded.

          73, John