RIGblaster

  • w5seg@swbell.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2013
      anyone still using the old rigblaster for winmor out there I need a little help hadn't played with this thing in a long time and need to know the connection to a dell computer

      Robby
    • KU4GW Cliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2013
        Hi Robby, I'm using a older Rigblaster M8 (the one with a 8 pin mic jack on the front of it) with my Dell 17R laptop and my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark V for all digital modes on HF and the way it's connected to the PC is the Rigblaster has a DB16 female socket on the back of it and I went to amazon.com and purchased a DB9 female to DB16 male adaptor plug and then I bought one of these   FTDI chipset USB cables to run from the USB port on the computer to the DB9 to DB16 adaptor that is plugged into the back of the Rigblaster M8. The FTDI chipset cable is a must for Windows 7 or 8. The old Prolific cables and drivers will work on older operating systems like Windows 98, XP, or Vista, but I found out when I got my Windows 7 64 bit PC the Prolific cables would work for a while and then just stop working until you rebooted the PC and then the same thing again. The FTDI chipset cable solved that problem and the FTDI drivers are already in Windows 7 so as soon as you plug the cable in Windows installs it and it works! Good luck!

        Very 73,
        Cliff - KU4GW

        "It's not the class of the license of the ham, but the class of the ham with the license!"