Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ & the PK-900

  • Enki
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 13 2:16 PM
      I use my radios and computers all grounded
      to the same point, so no need to use transformers.
      SV2AGW Packet Engine can provide PTT output at
      the COM or LPT ports. I don't think it generates FSK.

      Here is the link:

      http://www.kc2rlm.info/soundcardpacket/

      There is this Yahogroup:

      73, Mark Jordan - PY3SS

      On 13 Jul 2008 at 7:54, Ron Stordahl wrote:

      > Mark PY3SS
      >
      > Do you need an audio transformer to isloate the soundcard/computer
      > from the mike input to the
      > transceiver? Do you use VOX or is there are way to generate PTT? Is
      > there a way to generate
      > direct FSK rather than AFSK?
      >
      > Perhaps you have a link to the details?
      >
      > Ron, N5IN

    • David Calder n4zkf
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 22 11:27 AM
        The new P4 MB with ISA slots will be here Friday. With No memory!

        ISA Main Board JSP-403B $239.00
        2.8 P4 Processor $149.00
        Copper Heat sync w/Fan 57.00
        Total: $445.00

        I can't wait to get back to DRSI cards. Does it show?

        John, I'll try your file and we'll so how it all goes.

        73 Dave
        n4zkf

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 22 11:54 AM
          Hi Dave,

          FYI I just bought a 2.8G P4 533 FSB for 49.95 from Geeks.com
          They had them up to 3Gig 800Mhz FSB 79.00 they call them used, but they
          really are Pulls, I haven't had any problems with the others I bought has
          been over a 1 1/2 years when I bought my first one from them, a good price
          on memory's as well free S&H. The fan cooled Copper heat sink is a very
          good idea, instead of a small heat sink and a tunneled fan.

          Surprised you were able to find a board with ISA slots.

          Mike Melnik

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 22 12:11 PM
            I paid for it, that's for sure....

            But I'm over the TNC's. I want my DRSI's back. I haven't had a decent bulletins
            pass on 14.098 since I went away from them.

            Plus I'm dumping the beta FBB. What a mess it is.

            73 Dave